OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

accubonds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 09:50
Hey bigdaddy, yeah the 30 caliber 200 gr Accubond is in a class by itself when it comes to accuracy and ballistic coefficient
Now the only Scirrocco I could ever get to shoot is the 6.5 caliber 130 gr one and that is what I use in my 6.5 rem mag at ~3100 fps
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 09:51
I've still got a couple boxes of Ballistic Tips around that I'm just going to load up for target practice. Like sakomato posted I've found they don't perform nearly as well as the Accubonds on game animals. All my Accubond shots have gone completely through the animal but with the results being just what I wanted. With one exception, they dropped in place or ran a few yards with one shot and no follow-ups required. The Accubond seems to expand enough to cause shock without scattering a lot of lead through or ruining much meat.

The one exception was a cow elk shot at ~225 yards quartering towards me. She actually dropped to her knees right there. But then when we started walking down to her she got up and ran another 75 yards and I had to take a second shot from about 150 yards. I couldn't tell when field dressing what that first shot had done for sure but I believe it passed through one lung and out just behind her other front leg.

Anyway, no bullet is perfect nor will you always be offered a great shot placement. I've done the research and used this bullet and others. There isn't any other bullet I know of that offers such a good combination of easy loadability, accuracy, good ballistics and terminal performance for a .308 than the 165 gr. Accubond, especially for shots within 150-400 yards.
Reaction time is a factor...
SLIVER View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2010 at 00:07
I have taken many animals with the Accubond from 30yds to 490yds. The 30 yd shot was on a big 6x6 bull elk facing me. We recovered the projectile lodged just under the hide behind its rear left quarter with about 70% weight retention. Pretty impressive that it held up even traveling through an animal of that size.

180 gr in 300 WSM

))--SLIVER-->
))--SLIVER-->
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic