OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Micro-dot for PS90

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2010 at 18:04
Generally, the least expensive decent miniature red dot is the Burris Fastfire II.

As for the more expensive ones, there are quite a few with Trijicons mentioned above probably being near the top of the list.  Insight also makes a very nice version.

Personally, I would probably look at Leupold's Delta Sight.  It is available with a triangular aiming point which, in my opinion makes for a good combination of speed (use it just like a dot) and precision (aim with fine vertex).

ILya
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2010 at 01:08

that might be exactly what I am looking for

Edited by Ick - April/24/2010 at 01:09
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2010 at 13:53
Wow, that leupold does sound pretty sweet.

Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight

Click to enlarge
Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight - Inset 1
Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight - Inset 2
Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight - Inset 3

Leupold DeltaPoint Reflex Sight

When your optic needs to be faster than your reactions, the Leupold DeltaPoint is not only up to the challenge, but anticipates it. From the pioneers of virtually all current red-dot technology, Leupold’s patented motion sensor discerns any movement of the sight and automatically activates the illumination.

The Auto-Brightness sensor immediately and continuously samples the current lighting conditions to provide optimal reticle intensity, precisely matching your eye’s natural ability to adapt to changing lighting conditions.

The extremely rugged and lightweight magnesium housing provides nimble and precise handling, while the aspheric lens generates the widest field of view and best image quality ever produced in a reflex sight. Unlimited eye relief and copious amounts of elevation and windage travel make the DeltaPoint the perfect companion for virtually any firearm.

Covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee; electronics covered by the Leupold Golden Ring Electronics Warranty.

Precision locating pins allow for easy removal/remount while maintaining point of impact. This lets you easily change batteries when needed and not re-sight. The versatility of the DeltaPoint is reflected in the numerous mounting options included in the kit. A unique plate system aligns the mount with the gun, ensuring a perfect fit. Every DeltaPoint kit includes 10 plates for the most popular handgun applications. You can also choose a cross-slot mount for easy coupling with Picatinny Weaver-style rails and bases. With so many options, you can guarantee a great fit on your favorite pistol, shotgun, or AR-style rifle.

DeltaPoint Mounting System - The DeltaPoint Kit comes with a complete mounting system compatible with most common handguns including:
  • Beretta 92/96
  • Taurus PT99
  • Glock 17/22/23/26
  • HK USP
  • SIG SAUER P226
  • Smith & Wesson Revolvers
  • Smith & Wesson Classic
  • Smith & Wesson M&P
  • 1911 Standard (Colt)
  • CZ 75
  • Springfield XD
  • Kimber Adjustable
  • Kimber Fixed

Features:
  • Aspheric lens is set in a wide housing, increasing the usable field of view by up to 56 percent (depending on firearm) as compared to other reflex sights.
  • With edge-blackened treatments, the lens produces an exceptionally bright, sharp and clear image across the visual field.
  • Optics treated with DiamondCoat for high resistance to abrasion and scratches.
  • Proprietary motion sensor detects even the slightest movement and instantly activates the illumination, ensuring that DeltaPoint is ready when the time comes for quick action.
  • Auto-brightness sensor continuously samples lighting conditions and adjusts to changes, providing optimal reticle intensity that allows the shooter to quickly place the reticle on the target.
  • Auto-off feature shuts down the reticle after an inactive period, that delivers up to twice the battery life of other reflex sights.
  • Lens housing is made from lightweight magnesium tested to withstand up to 3,500 Gs of impact.
  • DeltaPoint is waterproof and shock proof, and covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.
  • 3.5 MOA Dot reticle offers a reliable aiming point familiar to many shooters.
  • The 7.5 MOA reticle is ideal for identifying and zeroing in on close-range targets. Bold and easy to find for fast target acquisition.
  • Low-profile design that keeps the sight on target, yet unobtrusive to the shooter.
  • Precision locating pins allow easy removal and installation of the mounting brackets while maintaining point of impact.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Graysteel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graysteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2010 at 20:51
I know the question is about centered around the window style of dot scopes. However,  I had the uncommon luck to train someone on the P90 who can only process data from one eye - effectively blind in one eye. My experience is that I would still suggest you carefully mull over the Aimpoint suggestions before going with one of the window style sights. The issue with the window style is they tend to have a narrow visibility angle because of the way they are illuminated - it is extremely easy to end up too high and not be able to pick up the dot. If you are going with one, get one the uses a battery powered light source. The dots are much more intense and easier to pick up than the tritium for folks with vision issues. 

If you reconsider the tube style mount the tube as far forward as you can this really helps with folks who don't have both eyes working. The reason is that it allows you to look around the scope much more effectively which is likely what is bothering you about the tube style scopes.

On the flip side if this is just a fun gun.... run whatever you like. :)
Just my two cents... 
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2010 at 21:51
Originally posted by Ick Ick wrote:

that might be exactly what I am looking for

OH Gereat --- Now Im going to have to buy one of these. Stare   I just love the triangle aiming point of my 1.5x Trijicon compact ACOG  TA442.  The thing I like least about dots is the lack of the same kind of precision that I get from the triangle.   A lot of dots are way too big for anything except CQB under 100 yds.  I regularly get sub moa groups at 300 with the amber triangle on the TA442 because of the point of the triangle giving a precise aiming point.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2010 at 08:54
Originally posted by Graysteel Graysteel wrote:

I know the question is about centered around the window style of dot scopes. However,  I had the uncommon luck to train someone on the P90 who can only process data from one eye - effectively blind in one eye. My experience is that I would still suggest you carefully mull over the Aimpoint suggestions before going with one of the window style sights. The issue with the window style is they tend to have a narrow visibility angle because of the way they are illuminated - it is extremely easy to end up too high and not be able to pick up the dot. If you are going with one, get one the uses a battery powered light source. The dots are much more intense and easier to pick up than the tritium for folks with vision issues. 

If you reconsider the tube style mount the tube as far forward as you can this really helps with folks who don't have both eyes working. The reason is that it allows you to look around the scope much more effectively which is likely what is bothering you about the tube style scopes.

On the flip side if this is just a fun gun.... run whatever you like. :)
Just my two cents... 
Graysteel,

Thanks man, that is very helpful.  I figured on here someone would know what to get.  I didn't expect someone to be experienced with one eye shooting.  I hadn't noticed it before, but all my stuff is battery illuminated.  I do have a hard time seeing the other style now that you mention it.

I am going to get that delta point by leupold.

The SWFA site doesn't say..... does that come standard with picatinny attachment?  It says a whole bunch of mount types on that other site I found... but I don't know if that means it will fit on my picatinny rail.

Edited by Ick - April/29/2010 at 08:59
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2010 at 11:52
I hate to be a nag, but I want to order this from SWFA today.  Does it automatically come with an attachment for a picatinny rail?
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2010 at 12:12
?
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2010 at 09:27
OK, what the heck?  No answer?  Does this come with the picatinny rail attachment?

I bought an ELCAN from SWFA in August of 2009 so I am a repeat customer.  Am I being blackballed or something?

Edited by Ick - May/07/2010 at 10:09
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 14:26
Have you called and spoke with someone? The SWFA gang most likely hasn't seen this thread.   
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 14:39
Will do.  I thought this was the place to ask questions before you order online?

I was actually going to order it online but I don't mind calling.

I will see what they have to say.

Edited by Ick - May/09/2010 at 14:41
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 16:41
Originally posted by Ick Ick wrote:

Will do.  I thought this was the place to ask questions before you order online?

Well yes, it's a place to direct questions towards forum members, but if the good folks from SWFA don't see the the thread then.......   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic