OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Howa Heavy Barrel Compact 308

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howa Heavy Barrel Compact 308
    Posted: April/08/2010 at 13:50
I purchased a Howa Heavy Barrel 308 with a 20" barrel to use as a starter rifle to learn to shoot longer range.  Unfortunately I cannot get a membership with the local club that has the only range around me that goes beyond 100 so my plan has fallen through. 

What would be a fair price to sell the rifle?  It has never been fired, all I have done is replce the Hogue stock with a Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist A2.  I paid $425 for the rifle and $217 for the stock.

I was think $600 and throw in the Burris XTR bases and medium rings.  Does this sound fair or am I asking for too much.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 13:52

NIB with both stocks and those rings you might get that.  Its a toss up cause whoever buys it will have to like that stock and not everyone does.   can you send the stock back or have you already marked it up?

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 14:01
Can't send the stock back.  I already sanded down the barrel channel a little because there was bumps that interferred with the barrel free floating.   
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 14:06
well. post some pictures of it in the for sale thread and see what kind of interst you get.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 14:11
Will do, thanks for the advice.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 20:32
I've use this as rule of thumb. take price of the gun cut in half thne add the price of the stock ect...
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic