OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 10x50-  Steiner Predator Premier vs. Vortex Viper
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

10x50- Steiner Predator Premier vs. Vortex Viper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davelandefeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10x50- Steiner Predator Premier vs. Vortex Viper
    Posted: April/07/2010 at 18:52
Has anyone seen the "10x50 Steiner Predator Premier" yet?

At 28.5 oz and the Vortex at 27.2 oz they read remarkably similar.  I wonder if they come from the same factory somewhere...

I haven't seen a photo of the Steiners yet so I don't know if they're porro or roof but the latest and greatest from Steiner seem to be roof prisms. At that weight I'm guessing that they are roof prisms. I any case 27-29 oz in a 10x50 sounds like a good scouting/hunting bino to me.

I like that Steiners typically have the winged eyecups, they really block out the ambient light. The Viper R/T appears to have winged eyecups. Does anyone know if those eyecups are available from Vortex for the regular Vipers?

Gracias!
It still holds true that man is most uniquely human when he turns obstacles into opportunities.
Eric Hoffer
davelandefeld View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davelandefeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 18:35
I got an email from Steiner today.  "Discontinued" 

Oh well...
It still holds true that man is most uniquely human when he turns obstacles into opportunities.
Eric Hoffer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic