OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Any suggestion on what to mount on a 22lr. AR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angryguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any suggestion on what to mount on a 22lr. AR
    Posted: April/07/2010 at 16:19

Just picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P15-22 and I was wondering if the Optics Gods could give some insight on what to mount on it. It will be as a target/small game rifle.

Thanks,
Guns
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 16:31

This going to stay .22 or switch back and forth from .223 to .22?

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 16:36
How much $ do you have budgeted for the optics, angryguns?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
angryguns View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angryguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 16:43
it's going to stay chambered in 22lr. and budget wise not sure to tell you the truth. I'm not looking on breaking the bank but something in good quality. Another thing, I'm not sure if i should go with a red-dot or a scope. just looking for some guidence.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 16:50
$200 budget? More, less?
angryguns View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angryguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 17:04
i would like to say no more then $200 but you also get what you pay for, soooo.........
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 18:12
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 18:41
I agree Alan, but would add "or any scope with parallax adjustment that adjusts down to min. 50 yds, and preferably lower."  That increases options considerably.  Usually, however, parallax adjustment also comes with high magnification, which may not be desirable in a plinking or hunting .22. 

I think any decent red dot sight would be a good choice for this particular rifle.

If you can find one, I would highly recommend the Zeiss Conquest 4X / 50 yd parallax model. 

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
angryguns View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angryguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 11:41
What about the Vortex Strikefire? Koshkin, were you able to do a review on it?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 11:55
I had a Strikefire, not bad, so long as it is never on a defense gun.  (Mine failed, sent it back, great customer service, got a new one, sold it immediately.)

Beware of hitting the power switch inadvertently, it is on the side and doesn't need much to turn it on.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
angryguns View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angryguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 12:58
i also found a sight for Primary Amrs red dots????? Does anyone have knowledge on these sights? Like i said its going on a 22lr.
angryguns View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angryguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2010 at 11:17

well all the reviews i have looked at dealing with primary arms seem to be on the "up-and-up". If ya'll could tell me negatives to look out for im all ears, but i think this is the one im gooing to go with.

Thanks,

Guns

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic