OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest mounting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Txaggie9307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Conquest mounting
    Posted: April/07/2010 at 12:38
Hey guys, well after all of your wonderful suggestions and insights, I purchased a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x 50. My new question is what size scope rings should I get for this? I am mounting this on a ruger .270, so it looks like I will be going with the leupold ruger rings. Do I need one inch rings or smaller?

Thanks,
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 12:52
1" rings, probably highs, for your 3-9x50. You can call SWFA to confirm.

http://swfa.com/Leupold-Dual-Dovetail-1-Rings-P956.aspx

http://swfa.com/Ruger-C2154.aspx
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 19:52
Get the HIGHS!!!!!! I'll put a plug in for Talley mounts, but buy what you like. i'll jsut say that ALL of my rifles will have Talley mounts form now on and I'll retro fit the others in time.--Bboy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 20:54
Talley's are great but they are unavailable for Rugers.
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 20:55
(MK11's and Hawkeye's) not sure about the original M77
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 21:29
Another plug for Tally's ....I have them on 6 of my rifles!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 21:41
Forgot to mention[63yrs old,memory starting to go],I have a zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x50 with medium tally's & it's a perfect match.I have approx.1/8" clearence between the bell & the barrel of my rem700.Be careful though that the scope cover is a real tight fit.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2010 at 14:59
Sounds to me like Ruger owners need to bug Talleys on making some!!!--Bboy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2010 at 15:19
Originally posted by bricat bricat wrote:

Talley's are great but they are unavailable for Rugers.

Thank you Brian!!!! Thunbs Up

Txaggie9307 was asking for Leupold rings for his Ruger. Leupold mounts tend to sit lower than Talleys so "high rings" are probably the ticket for his 3-9x50 Zeiss scope. I have Talleys "fixed" on two of my m700's each with Swaro 2-12x50's. I'm using Talley "medium rings". As suggested call SWFA before ordering to confirm.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2010 at 15:51
High rings no need to call. I mounted a 50mm obj. on a M77 today.  With those rings it barely cleared with the high and buter creeks.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2010 at 16:20
Now that's "customer service"!!!   Excellent
Txaggie9307 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Txaggie9307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2010 at 01:37
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

High rings no need to call. I mounted a 50mm obj. on a M77 today.  With those rings it barely cleared with the high and buter creeks.

Did you use the Leupold rings? I am just curious if this Zeiss 3x9 50mm conquest will have a different diameter/size..

Thanks,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic