OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper 10x42HD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpd229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper 10x42HD
    Posted: April/06/2010 at 15:45
I Need some help i am looking for a silent sniper scope for a FN PBR XP in 308. I want to be able to shooting out to 1200 need be, but will usually being shooting out to 400-500 yds. I am looking for some input on power and any other ideas. Thank You for the help.

Subject repaired for clarity... KB

Edited by Kickboxer - April/10/2010 at 14:49
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 15:55
"silent sniper scope", and the alternative would be...?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
opeagle View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:02
 One that makes a lot of noise?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:07
I thought this was going to be the title to a new Stephen Hunter book or something.  Thunbs Up

I would look at the SWFA SS line of scope.  They have a 3-9x variable and several fixed power scopes.  Not sure what you mean by silent, but they are all great scope for dialing in different distances and windage.  http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
wpd229 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpd229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:14
I meant super sniper sorry.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:20
What is your budget?  The 10xHD is the nicest of the fixed powers.  It has exceptional glass and has matching adjustments and reticle.  But the other 3 fixed power models are very good scopes as well.  If most of your shooting is going to be done at 400 to 500 yards, I would get the 10x over the 16 or 20x.  There are a lot of advantages that the lower power offers over the other two, IMO.    And if you are just occasionally going to shoot 1000+ then that is good enough. 

You should set up your rifle and scope to be the best at where you are going to use it most of the time.  Thats why either the 3-9x or one of the two 10x scopes would be my recommend.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

wpd229 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpd229 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:32
Thanks supertool for the input. i am looking to spend for a complete scope, rings setup around $500. i looked at the 10x and i liked it but now i need to look at the rings.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:41
TPS rings would be how I would go.  Very good quality and a very fair price.  http://swfa.com/TPS-Tactical-Scope-30mm-Rings-P41902.aspx  

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 17:01
Welcome to 0ptics Talk!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic