OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

new gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new gun
    Posted: April/05/2010 at 13:13
THinking of 17 HMR,any suggestions if bolt it needs to be left handed.Maybe lever action so wife can shoot it too.Plinking and somthing to fill the gap between 22lrand 22-250,let it fly boys,thanks in advance.
DSP Rock Harbor
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 13:17
cz 452 american, left handed .17hmr
http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-452-american/

Edited by pyro6999 - April/05/2010 at 13:18
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 14:11

Savage has a nice line up as well.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
fishingfool View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 15:16
Thanks Pyro,nice gun maybe I'll just buy one for the wife an then I'll have to get my own....hmmmm-wheels are turning.
DSP Rock Harbor
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 15:43
Originally posted by fishingfool fishingfool wrote:

Thanks Pyro,nice gun maybe I'll just buy one for the wife an then I'll have to get my own....hmmmm-wheels are turning.

nothing wrong with that idea either
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 15:53
Just keep in mind that the CZ 455 is replacing the 452.  452's are still available, but I thought that was worth mentioning anyway.  From what I can tell, the 455 looks basically like the same rifle as the 452, so if you like the 452, I would imagine you'd like the 455.  I don't know yet what the changes are to the 455, but supposedly it incorporates improvements to the manufacturing process to make it less expensive to make.  The action looks the same to me, as best I can tell.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
fishingfool View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 01:30

Where are they made?Are they the company from years ago in the Czech Republic?I think they used to make semi auto double action pistols or maybe they still do.Anyways they look pretty nice.What about the lever action Henry?

DSP Rock Harbor
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 03:11
Only the CZ452 American left-hander comes in 17HMR (not the beautiful Lux model) but Savage does do a couple of left-handers in their 17 series of rimfires.

I recently bought a new CZ452 Lux left-hander in .22 (just waiting on optics) and I have on order a new Savage Mark II BTVLSS in .22...Savage does the exactly the same gun in 17HMR.

See this post: "Accurate Bolt 22LR for Practice" for more info on CZs and Savages (particularly my post on the 2nd page). Also, do a search of this forum as there's plenty of good info on here.
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 03:15
CZs are from the Czech Republic. CZ452s are my countrys biggest selling rimfire rifle.
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic