OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris signature Select vs Fullfield II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandon327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris signature Select vs Fullfield II
    Posted: April/04/2010 at 21:38
Looking at a used burris signature select 3-12x44 or a burris fullfield II 4.5-14X42. The only thing that i dont like about the looks of the fullfield is an AO. What is better scope?
Bad Bob View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 15:03
I have both. But I prefer the Signature. I also like the posi-lock on the singnature.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 16:04
Not all Signature select have the posi-lock It was only on certain models. The Signature Select will have better lens coatings on every lens surface. A new Signature Select is a definite step up in quality from the FullField ll.

Edited by 3_tens - April/05/2010 at 16:06
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 17:49
Sig all the way. I agree, the glass is a definite step up over my FF's.

Doug
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 18:26
signature, the glass appears better to me.  JMO...
Good Luck!

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 19:04
I would go with the Sig Sel myself.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
tidmarshsmiths5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tidmarshsmiths5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2010 at 15:34
You Gents with the Signature Selects...how does the glass compare to a Zeiss Conquest?  Particularly in low light?
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2010 at 16:03
Signature select here too. Cant tell you how it compares to the conquest, but I can tell you it is an awesome scope and outstanding in low light, IMO.
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
Palehorse View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2010 at 17:06
I just sold at a huge loss a brand new FFII, just to get rid of it.  On 3X in low light it was unusable.  I consistently lost 10+ minutes of legal light before I could see the reticle.  In bright light, its contrast was so poor, I could not find deer clearly visible to the naked eye.

YVMV
slowr1der View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2010 at 09:37
Originally posted by Palehorse Palehorse wrote:

I just sold at a huge loss a brand new FFII, just to get rid of it.  On 3X in low light it was unusable.  I consistently lost 10+ minutes of legal light before I could see the reticle.  In bright light, its contrast was so poor, I could not find deer clearly visible to the naked eye.

YVMV
Maybe you got a bad one as this is the total opposite of the experience I've had with a FFII.
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2010 at 10:06
A few years back I compared a FFII 4.5-14x42 with a 3-9x40 and the clarity and all were pretty close but the light gathering of the 4.4-14 was far...far better than the 3-9.

HTH
ar15a292f View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ar15a292f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2010 at 10:21
In my opinion the Burris 3-10x40 Signature Select compares very favorably with the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40.  When I was looking for a scope for my 30-06 it came down to the Burris 3-10x40 Signature Select and the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 and I picked the Burris.
grimreaper21 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimreaper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2010 at 10:29
Originally posted by ar15a292f ar15a292f wrote:

In my opinion the Burris 3-10x40 Signature Select compares very favorably with the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40.  When I was looking for a scope for my 30-06 it came down to the Burris 3-10x40 Signature Select and the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 and I picked the Burris.
did you pay more than $400 for the burris? just wondering as i could probably never go with a burris over a zeiss if prices are identical just from namesake alone.   
tidmarshsmiths5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tidmarshsmiths5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2010 at 16:31
Wonder how the Burris Signature Select, Bushnell Elite 4200 compare to the Zeiss Conquest and to each other?

I will buy a Zeiss...but I will also easily purchase a Burris if the glass is better - both dependable and the Zeiss gets great reviews as well as does Burris but for the money, a Signature Select would have to be better for me to pay $80 more for the Burris than the Zeiss.

If the Zeiss is worse than the Burris (I am mainly concerned with low light)...then, I couldn't justify it on name alone.
Lwa42 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwa42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2010 at 11:22
Originally posted by tidmarshsmiths5 tidmarshsmiths5 wrote:

Wonder how the Burris Signature Select, Bushnell Elite 4200 compare to the Zeiss Conquest and to each other?

I will buy a Zeiss...but I will also easily purchase a Burris if the glass is better - both dependable and the Zeiss gets great reviews as well as does Burris but for the money, a Signature Select would have to be better for me to pay $80 more for the Burris than the Zeiss.

If the Zeiss is worse than the Burris (I am mainly concerned with low light)...then, I couldn't justify it on name alone.
I am very curious as well. I am looking to purchase a scope. How do these 3 compar to a monarch as well?
Cooper25 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2010 at 21:59

I just know these conquest guys are almost fanatical about their liking for those scopes.  Every forum I have looked it is always the same.  They love them.  I have been looking to replace a Burris ff 4.5 -14 that is driving me nuts and just have to make the trip to cabelas to look at the conquest4.5-14.  Thinkin about that and a 6500 2.5-16 and the Leu VX3  4.5-14.  So what is it with these Conquests that makes you guys gush???

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic