OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Finally pulled the trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally pulled the trigger
    Posted: April/04/2010 at 21:37
Finally got my taxes done and my scope funding took a nose dive.  So in the interim I bought a Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Riflescope Mil-Dot today.

Looks like the best of the low end, good quality scopes from what I could tell.  I dont know if it will take me to 1000 with a .308, but I dont shoot much farther that 200 the great majority of the time. 

It will start off on my AR-15 7.62x39 since turkey season is about over and I will be just shooting pigs til Fall.  By then  I will have bought my <$1500 scope, still TBD.
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2010 at 13:49
Viper is a decent scope for the money.  Glass looks OK.  Not as good as a Leupold 6.5-20x40 Vari X III.

They forgot to screw the windage knob in all the way.  But I managed to pop the label ff the end and get it tightened down.  Other than that everything looks good. 

I mounted it and shot about 60 rounds.  But the wind was blowing really hard so I didnt get to test out the tracking.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2010 at 14:12
sounds good.  get some pictures posted of the rig all mounted if you have a chance.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2010 at 22:49
This is my long range varmint gun.  1:7 Wilson air-gauged service rifle contour barrel with RRA 2-stage trigger polished.  Works great!  It loves 24 gr RL-15 and 80 gr SMK.  Still havent had a calm day to test the tracking.

Edited by topbrass - April/13/2010 at 22:50
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2010 at 23:03
Nice rig! Ought to be lethal to varmits.
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic