OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic Closedcountersniper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 14:52
Its their money!

If we all bought what we "had" to have, we would still be walking around naked (with really great rifles and scopes.)Big Grin
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 15:19
I heartily agree, topbrass, but I would also say that "most" shooters in my AO are over-scoped, over-guned, and have very little use for, or the knowledge to fully appreciate the whiz bang tacticool gear they just purchased.
Again, I agree with you that great strides have been made for LE amd Mil shooters in the optics arena and these advances help them to do their jobs better.
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:11
Yep, lots of opinions.  Some on topic, some not.  Some in fact, some not.  Some experienced, some not.  But definitely lots of opinions.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:37
Huh?
What's that mean?
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 16:43
It's the same with knives. Tactical this tactical that. It's as bad as Harley Davidson. Slap that tag on anything and raise the price. Soap Box
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 21:18
I will admit one thing, I thought they were pretty gutsy actually showing up for SHOT.  I didn't realize they sold space for paper weights at SHOT.  Roll on Floor Laughing  
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 06:46
Originally posted by topbrass topbrass wrote:

I dont see much written about the countersniper scopes.

Can someone that owns one speak to their quality and clarity?

Thanks!
I doubt you will find anyone on this forum that owns one. Or would admit to it.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 11:27
Thanks for the thoughtful reply Alan! 

But it really didnt take three pages of kitty litter for me to figure that out.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 11:33

It didn't even require a new thread, a search would have revealed that.  You asked, you got opinions. And you have attitude with them apparenlty.  Don't get pissy cause they weren't what you wanted to hear.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 11:39

I don't get it, topbrass.  You asked for opinions, and you got exactly that.  What did you object to on this thread to justify the sarcasm in this and your "opinions" reply to Cheaptrick?  Everyone has responded to your inquiry with civility, yet honesty.

I've actually handled these scopes at the SHOT show, and when comparing to optics of known quality, these scopes fall WAY short.  And, it isn't even subtle either... the optics absolutely suck for the price tag, the adjustment clicks aren't consistent, and they have an overall cheap look and feel.  They have all the earmarks of "BSA" type quality, and anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of optics and marketing hype can recognize their technical jargon as pure b.s.  I fully acknowledge that those are my opinions... but I am by no means alone in those opinions.  In fact I've never actually heard from anyone who had a single positive thing to say about these scopes.  Not one.

Do you have some kind of personal stake in Countersniper / Black Ops?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 12:49
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

[/QUOTE]
I've actually handled these scopes at the SHOT show, and when comparing to optics of known quality, these scopes fall WAY short.  And, it isn't even subtle either... the optics absolutely suck for the price tag, the adjustment clicks aren't consistent, and they have an overall cheap look and feel.  They have all the earmarks of "BSA" type quality, and anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of optics and marketing hype can recognize their technical jargon as pure b.s.  I fully acknowledge that those are my opinions... but I am by no means alone in those opinions.  In fact I've never actually heard from anyone who had a single positive thing to say about these scopes.  Not one.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for finally giving me a decent reply Rifledude.  At least you have handled one and admit to it. 

And for everyone that just wanted to enjoy themselves, I dont consider replies that simply say, "They sucks!" to be much use, anywhere.  Though that may be true, it means nothing if it cannot be qualified. 

Carry on! 

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 12:56
Why would anyone flush money down the toilet? All you need to do is go to their website, if bells and whistles don't go off in your head. It should! You don't need to hold crap in your hand to know it's crap. Sorry if you own the company. But if you do you already know what your selling. Good day to You Sir.

Edited by Steelbenz - April/07/2010 at 12:58
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 13:16
On second thought....they really are a nice scope and YOU should own one, top. 
What have you got to loo$$$e??  Devil

Carrying on, Sir!!  Salute   
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 15:08

And for everyone that just wanted to enjoy themselves, I dont consider replies that simply say, "They sucks!" to be much use, anywhere.  Though that may be true, it means nothing if it cannot be qualified. 

I'm the one who replied with "they suck."  I thought it was an appropriate reply for multiple reasons:
1.  It was brief and to the point.
2.  It was accurate.
3.  It was the nicest way I could think to express my thoughts on the matter, given that this is a family-friendly forum.

For argument's sake, even if we assumed they are good scopes, I still have no respect for a company that fills their ads with made up technical terms (i.e. "zantitium - bertrillium") that mean nothing and extensive utter b.s., designed to snow the uninitiated.  Then, to claim their scopes normally retail for $5K - $7K, yet selling them for 10% of that price (which is still at least 5X more than they're worth) to try to trick people into thinking they're getting a great deal is at best dishonest; at worst, it's downright fraudulent!  They put "Property of US Government" labels on the scope and tell people the reason for the hefty "discounts" is due to military overruns to give the appearance of legitimacy.  Yet, they can't name a single military unit using their scopes.  Unit to unit variation in adjustment click feedback and knob tension and optical flaws were readily apparent.  The tube finish didn't appear to even be a Type II anodize, much less a Type III hard coat as standard on other hard use optics.

Given all of this, does this sound like a trustworthy company you would want to purchase from?  If they have to resort to so much unadulterated b.s. to sell their product, can anything else they say or do be trusted?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Chief Sackscratch

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 15:17
Guys come one this thread had went the same route that every other countersniper thread has gone. To hell.  bottom line is they are crap, Top,I hate it for you that you feel so strongly about them, by all means waste your money on one you dont' need a bunch of others to approve on what you do........  We have some of the brightest and most respected guys in here in the optics world and guess what, they say they are crap.  Now lets move this to the almost section so that we can rag on CS scopes some more...... with pictures guys! lol
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 15:38
I disagree, SVT -- I don't at all think this thread has gone to hell.  On the contrary, I think we're just speaking the truth.  I think it is beneficial to have such discussions if it prevents someone reading this from getting ripped off.
Ted

topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 15:43
Thanks for the thoughtful responses. 

I have no affiliation with any scopes or manufacturers.  Just trying to gain some objective knowledge.  I got the information I wanted on the scope I bought by recommendation from some of the people on this web site.  And I already posted such information in another area a few days ago.  It wasnt a CS.  It wasnt a SS either.  And I didnt buy it from our host. 

I read many forums when looking for info, including this one, and CS came up several times with very little objective information.  I have never seen a CS scope or held one.  But since my unqualified opinion is as good as gold, at least that is the standard here, I say CS is Crap.  It sucks!  It would make a great paperweight(if I didnt have to pay for it.)  I agree 100%, with everyone.  Thanks for sharing.

I am done.

Carry on!
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 15:44
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

I disagree, SVT -- I don't at all think this thread has gone to hell.  On the contrary, I think we're just speaking the truth.  I think it is beneficial to have such discussions if it prevents someone reading this from getting ripped off.

Bingo!
Chief Sackscratch

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 15:52
Well give that last response Top, I will have to agree with Ted.  People do need to know that CS is crap, you had a few of us confused on your agenda.

Over with done with.  nuff said
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 15:55

Thanks for the thoughtful responses. 

I have no affiliation with any scopes or manufacturers.  Just trying to gain some objective knowledge.  I got the information I wanted on the scope I bought by recommendation from some of the people on this web site.  And I already posted such information in another area a few days ago.  It wasnt a CS.  It wasnt a SS either.  And I didnt buy it from our host. 

I read many forums when looking for info, including this one, and CS came up several times with very little objective information.  I have never seen a CS scope or held one.  But since my unqualified opinion is as good as gold, at least that is the standard here, I say CS is Crap.  It sucks!  It would make a great paperweight(if I didnt have to pay for it.)  I agree 100%, with everyone.  Thanks for sharing.

I am done.

Carry on!

On the contrary, many here HAVE seen a Countersniper, we've touched them, we've played with them, and my personal experience leads me to believe they are crap.

Additionally, I called Customer Service to ask about their coatings (made of elements they trademarked), and the young lady hung up on me.

Saying I need to own something in order to know it sucks is like saying I have to experience prison rape before I can have an informed opinion.

Their marketing is hilarious, their product is substandard, they have yet to name a unit that uses them (or give a contract, from which tese are "over-runs") or tell about anyone (government or otherwise) that paid $5,000 for this terrible optic.

From what I've seen and the interactions I've had with their "Service" people, I'd sooner paint a paper towel tube black and mount that.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic