OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What do I need to know about this scope?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do I need to know about this scope?
    Posted: March/30/2010 at 19:54
Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire

What range would this scope be good for? Someone had mentioned earlier that it may not be the best for something in a closer range. What would be the usable range? Would 50 yards be too close for this scope?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2010 at 20:18
Depends on what you using it for. Target you should have no problem. hunting fast target pickup, its hard to get a moving target in picture.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2010 at 20:23
Nope. its gonna be for target use.

Here's the scoop; I took my wife out shooting with me this weekend with my Remington 597 (.22 LR) and my el cheepo Leapers 3-9X50 scope. She loved shooting it so much, that I am going to get her one as well.

Although her smaller hands fit better around a Ruger 10/22 more than my remington, and I wanted to get her a better scope than mine, and for $99 this scope was a steal. But I just wanted to make sure that if she wanted to keep the distance down, that she would still be happy with it.

Edited by CALL911 - March/30/2010 at 20:23
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2010 at 20:28
a 10/22 with the vortex would be good for target i suppose
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 17:03

Well it figures...

I got an email today saying the scope I ordered is still on backorder. Looks like I'll be looking for another (or I may hold out and just wait until they come in, but who knows how long that will be).

It would have been nice to know that BEFORE I ordered it and not after. How difficult is it just to put that it is on backorder on the website, so it doesn't allow you to pay for something that you can't get?

Edited by CALL911 - March/31/2010 at 17:05
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 17:13
Who did you order from?
Reaction time is a factor...
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 17:16
SWFA
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 17:22
You won't actually be charged till it ships. I have 2 on backorder myself. Expected delivery April or May. It's a good enough bargain I'm o.k. waiting. Thunbs Up
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 18:52
are you your saying/claiming the $99 vortex special didnt show it was on backorder when you ordered?
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 19:04
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

are you your saying/claiming the $99 vortex special didnt show it was on backorder when you ordered?

Thats exactly what I am saying.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 19:12
this one?
Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire Rifle Scope Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire Rifle Scope
Stock # - CRFAO11MDT
  • Out of Stock / Accepting Back Orders - April/May Delivery
  • 70% off - Limited Supply
  • SWFA Exclusive
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 1"
  • Adjustable Objective
  • Sunshade
$99.95 
Add Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire Rifle Scope to Cart 
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 19:48
^ Thats the scope, but not the message you get anywhere (at least that I could see) when you go here> http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P43585.aspx

You can make the full order and even get email confirmation of it without knowing its on backorder. It wasn't until I got another email a day later that I found it was on backorder.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 20:06
Originally posted by CALL911 CALL911 wrote:

Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire

What range would this scope be good for? Someone had mentioned earlier that it may not be the best for something in a closer range. What would be the usable range? Would 50 yards be too close for this scope?

The parallax adjusts down to 10 yds. I can shoot mice under the bird feeder at twenty feet, no problem. My .22 Webley Patrtiot it sits on may be a bit under powered for that, though.Wink

Doug
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 21:18
Originally posted by CALL911 CALL911 wrote:

^ Thats the scope, but not the message you get anywhere (at least that I could see) when you go here> http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P43585.aspx

You can make the full order and even get email confirmation of it without knowing its on backorder. It wasn't until I got another email a day later that I found it was on backorder.

Before you can click on the scope from the selection you see what I posted. You have to see that.  You are coming across as bad mouthing SWFA when in fact you just didn't read as fast as you clicked.........  We talk about the $99 special all the tiem on here and how its been on backorder.  Just check fire when you claim they say or post nothing about that...
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 23:10
I clicked on the link that was originally posted about the scope. The link took me there and there was no mention of it being back ordered. Nor did it mention it anywhere during checkout, or even the confirmation email that was sent as a reciept. Being an avid online shopper, most places seem to tell you its unavailable PRIOR to actually making the order.

In your defense, it was mentioned that it was on backorder, and I recall that. However, after going to the link and going through to the point of having an order confirmation with nothing stated that it was currently on backorder, I had been led to believe it was in stock and no longer that way, as there was no indication from SWFA otherwise.

I believe that could have been resolved by telling me somehow prior to getting confirmation of the order that it was on back order.

I love the site, and think they have great deals, and will continue to use SWFA. However, I cannot say that because it was mentioned in a random post about being on backorder from you and others a couple weeks ago, that I believe SWFA is doing a good job at letting people know if the item they are ordering is in fact actually available.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic