OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CZ 527 scope & mounting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayouBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CZ 527 scope & mounting
    Posted: March/30/2010 at 15:58
I done a little searching and see that a few of you on this site have CZ's 527. I am looking at getting one in .223, but have found a few people that have had to shave bolts, use extra high mounts or position thier scope where long eye relief becomes a problem to clear the bolt . Before I go get this rifle, I want to make sure what kind scope to buy and how I need to mount it. Thanks for the help.
We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
morgen View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2010 at 19:01

luepold VX3 2,5-8x36 and warne high rings will work

BayouBuck View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayouBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 11:06

Do you have to mount the scope against the mag ring or can you center the mounts and still get a good sight picture?

We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
morgen View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 18:37
mount the scope as u need,  the bolt will clear
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 22:48
The 527 Americans are supposed to come with rings (high.) Most compact or medium-sized scopes will clear with the stock set. The reason most of us who modify the bolt handle, etc. is to enable the use of lower rings and larger/higher X scopes, also for better cheek weld; some of us also don't like the scope mounted up in the stratosphere for aesthetic reasons. www.calhoon.com can modify your bolt for about 50 bucks exchange and shipping. I use Warne medium rings and a Bushnell 3200 7-21X in my 527 .221 FB and still have plenty of clearance between the AO ring and the barrel.
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 22:58
Also: should mention that, even with a setup like this, eyepiece-to-bolt clearance is minimal. Something like a Nikon Monarch with a big-dia. ocular lense might still be a problem.
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 23:02
Check that: it's www.jamescalhoon.com
montag451 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montag451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 19:29
For what it is worth I just mounted a new Nikon Monarch 6x24 50mm objective scope on a new CZ 527 varmint Kevlar heavy barrel.  For my eye relief I had to slide the scope all the way to the magnification ring. The objective end of the scope cleared by about 1/8 of an inch from barrel and the bolt just cleared the eye box so close that I had to remove the scope lens protective flip up cover to make it work.  But work it did just fine.  I did this with the CZ rings that came with the gun.  I can see no way to have gotten this particular scope any lower than it is
Respectfully Submitted,
Dan
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 19:34
My 6-24x50 Monarch would not clear the bolt using the factory high rings.  I contacted CZ and sent my bolt handle to them.  They modified it for me, free.  My cost was shipping to CZ, they paid the return shipping.

HTH.
montag451 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montag451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 14:06
That's interesting.  Is your scope a new one?  I know that my bolt just clears the eyebox but does not touch it.  We are talking 1/8 to 1/16 is all for clearance but it does.  I am just wondering what it is about our two setups that makes one work and not the other.  Glad you found a fix.  It will be nice down the road should you decide to try other hi mag scopes.
Dan
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 15:26
It's one of those 6-24x50, SF, FCD reticle.  I got it mid-2009.  It just parely rubbed but it was enough for me to fix it.

HTH 
montag451 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montag451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 18:42
tjtjwdad,
Yes mine uses the BDC reticule(Nikon Monarch 6-24x50SF)  which should not make any difference.  BTW when bore sighting I had to use up almost all of my left windage adjustment.  I have not had it on the range yet but this definitely bothered me.  I just ordered a Set of angle lock millet rings high type for the CZ 527 so I can take up some of the windage before going to the scope adjustments.  I will be curious to see if there is any height difference as compared to the factory CV rings.  Getting the bolt modified is definitely the way to go and I may end up doing that myself before this is over with. I have yet to find a objective scope cover that I can use and have bolt clearance.
 Thanks for the response.
Dan
yoeri View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2013 at 06:14
"angle lock millet rings high type for the CZ 527 "

can you mount them directly on the cz?

montag451 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montag451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2013 at 16:21
Yoeri,
I am afraid that I am unable to give you an answer to your question.  I believe that CZ does sell higher mounts but have heard that they are less than ideal not being direct inline for quick acquisition of the target.  Sorry!  I am sure that any good local gun dealer may have an option that will work.  The higher distance for a 50mm objective and bolt face only need be one or two mm to work.  That would not interfere with a straight line low profile set up.
Regards,
Dan
montag451 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montag451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2013 at 16:26
Yoeri,
Sorry about last post as I thought we were talking the CZ 455.  Yes the mounts did work on my CZ 527 and it is a tack driver.  Three hundred yards quarter inch groups.  Very pleased given these 62 year old eyes.
Dan
yoeri View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2013 at 12:41
then that can be a way to solve my problem with my new cz527
turned the rifle scope to the maximum left and still not able to get the center on the laserbullet's red dot.

tnx :)
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2013 at 03:55
I will not go into scope choice in this debate, however I will say that German MAKuick mount offers enough flexibility of ring position (4 different position in a single piece mount) that you will be able to mount any scope of any size on a CZ 527.
yoeri View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2013 at 07:44
@De_Tomaso :problem is that i have to use all the left adjustment on the scope and still not able to reach the red dot of the bore scope.
for that the millet rings are ideal i hope :)

already placed an order for a pair :)

Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2013 at 21:47
Medium Warne Maxima rings for the CZ 527 (11mm) mount works just fine on my CZ 527 with a 4-2x50mm Swaro Z3 on it.  The Warne medium rings are about 1/8 inch lower than the CZ high rings that I got with the rifle.  Plus, I have plenty of clearance (1/16th+) for the bolt handle and 1/4 inch clearance for my 50mm objective lens on the barrel.  I am much more satisfied with this ring arrangement.
CDR3
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2013 at 14:23
Does anyone have experience of the new style bolt handles for the 527 from CZ-USA?

Looks to be the same idea as the Calhoon. Still is a pain you can't get it over here!

ATB,

Scrummy
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic