OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GamoOutdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles USA
    Posted: March/29/2010 at 13:39
I am writing to announce the recent "partnership" with Kahles Optics and Gamo Outdoor.
I read a lot of questions and comments regarding Kahles scopes and I am glad to let you all know that Kahles is back in the US!

More information can now be found on the KahlesUSA website.

As we are new to this forum I like to be cautious with posting URL's here, and we do not want to break any forum guide lines. We will try to be as active on this forum a possible, answering any questions you may have.

Thank You

Here to answer questions regarding Gamo, BSA Optics, Kahles Scopes and Laser Genetics.
snakeman48 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeman48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 14:08
Is Kahles going to be producing a 1'' tube scope for the US market again?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 14:08
Welcome aboard, Sir!
We are sincerly glad to hear this great news!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 14:12
Thank you "Gamo Man"!!!  Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 14:39
Indeed, it's great to have you hear, Gamo!  Kahles scopes are as good as anything available in the world, and they deserve world class service in the US market. 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 14:39
Originally posted by snakeman48 snakeman48 wrote:

No, not according to the Kahles rep I spoke to at SHOT.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 15:21
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

That, in my opinion, is a mistake. I don't believe there is a big market for 30mm scopes for US hunters.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 15:26
I was told the same thing, no 1" tubes

I want the 1.5-6 ill badly :)

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 16:55
Welcome to the forum!

It is always nice to see factory reps willing to answer questions!

ILya
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 17:08
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

That, in my opinion, is a mistake. I don't believe there is a big market for 30mm scopes for US hunters.

The rep told me at the show that they are seeing a market shift toward more 30mm scopes in the US, and they felt the US market was already too saturated with 1" scopes at price points they simply weren't willing to compete with.
Ted

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 17:29

Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

The rep told me at the show that they are seeing a market shift toward more 30mm scopes in the US, and they felt the US market was already too saturated with 1" scopes at price points they simply weren't willing to compete with.

As much as I like Kahles 1" scopes, there is some rationale in that.

With Minox and Meopta joining Conquest in the 1" fray, and with Swaro Z3 on the high end, it is a competitive market segment.

With 30mm scopes, a lot depends on what price point Kahles ends up competing at.

Personally, I would be very interested in seeing further evolution of K312, mrad-based knobs for example.  When I first looked at it, I thought it was a very impressive scope.

ILya
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 17:34
They have a some what unusual position with their scope line as their 1" scopes were the most expensive (with the exception of Swaro's) and their 30mm scopes are less expensive than Swaro, Zeiss, S&B and now Leica. I think they need to determine where they want to be in the US market and go from there. Swaro always did a sh*tt job of promoting Kahles and maybe there is a reason for that. If the 30 mm is the line they feel is going to do it for them, then they better do alot better job of making the product known. I'll bet if you grabbed 25 random hunters (just average joe's that is) at an outdoor show and asked them what they thought of Kahles, 90% of them wouldn't even know what Kahles made.

Edited by Roy Finn - March/29/2010 at 17:35
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 17:36
Roy, I believe you are absolutely correct.  Maybe even more would not know...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
YakAk View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakAk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 17:41
I looked at the Kahles website and from what I could tell the cheapest scope in the 1-6x42  would cost $2150.00, unless I missed something.  I guess Kahles is out of the question for me.  I have no preference 1" or 30mm but at over $2000.00 I will choose one of the other brands.

Steve
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 17:52
I agree, Roy.  Kahles has always had a problem with name recognition in the US (but not in Europe), because Swaro viewed them as competition to their scope lines and therefore treated them like a neglected stepchild.  They didn't get anything remotely close to the advertising $ that Swaro enjoyed and therefore never gained the reputation that Zeiss and Swaro has in the US.  That is one of the reasons Kahles ended their relationship with SONA in the US.  Then, when Legacy Sports started importing Kahles, they seemed totally inept and couldn't answer even basic questions about the product line.  That deal was destined to fail.  They simply had no clue about optics or how to provide the service one would expect from a premium product.

I hope Gamo USA has their "you know what" together, because Kahles deserves more recognition than they've received in the past.
Ted

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 18:07
I would be interested in how they (Gamo) will be supporting service/repairs here in the US. Sending scopes on a slow boat across the high seas is slow and expensive and folks these days aren't going to be real pleased if it takes two or three months to get a broken scope back in their hands.

Edited by Roy Finn - March/29/2010 at 18:08
GamoOutdoor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GamoOutdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 11:54

All repairs sent to Austria will be on Air-Freight and back in the customers hands between 30 - 45 days. As mentioned, Kahles will handle the international portion of any shipping fees.

Here to answer questions regarding Gamo, BSA Optics, Kahles Scopes and Laser Genetics.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 11:58
no offense to kahles, but there repair dept. would be the last thought on my mind. kahles service records are virtually non exsistant. you rarely if ever hear about a kahles scope givin up the ghost. my main concern with them is longevity, i want to see kahles around forever.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 20:04
I'm a little late on this one, but welcome to O.T. Gamo. I am a big fan of the 30mm scopes myself. I have them as old as a 2.2-9x42L and the newer C and CSX models. They are excellent. I hope Kahles USA does well.

Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic