OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Fly By's video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly By's video
    Posted: March/29/2010 at 10:31
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 10:32
Martins link -

Edited by SVT_Tactical - March/29/2010 at 11:11
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 10:33
love those man.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 10:42
Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dr2ZB36p9Y
Thunbs Up

Awesome!!!   Excellent

I've seen #1 done a few times..."Blue Angles" SF Bay (Fleet Week - October).
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Blondebombshell View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
Optics Cricket

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondebombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 10:57
That was awsome Graham!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 11:05
Thanks for posting Martin and Graham for the assist...   Wink

Edited by mike650 - March/29/2010 at 11:10
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 11:08
Freakin Blue Angels RULE.....T-Birds drool!!!   
Saw the Angels come through my AF base to refuel once. The last plane that launched, came back around and did a LOW flyby INVERTED over the top of our runway.    
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 11:09
Originally posted by Blondebombshell Blondebombshell wrote:

That was awsome Graham!
Thats all martin, I just fixed his link
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 11:57
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 12:04

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 13:06

triggers post

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 15:48
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Saw the Angels come through my AF base to refuel once. The last plane that launched, came back around and did a LOW flyby INVERTED over the top of our runway.    
I've seen the Blue Angels, and I've seen the Thunder Birds both perform. The Blue Angels should just stay parked.
The Blue Angels performed at Thunder Over Louisville last year, and if the Air Boss has his way it was the last time they will perform at T.O.L.. The Air Guard said if they come back they can park some place else.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 16:35
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I've seen the Blue Angels, and I've seen the Thunder Birds both perform. The Blue Angels should just stay parked.
The Blue Angels performed at Thunder Over Louisville last year, and if the Air Boss has his way it was the last time they will perform at T.O.L.. The Air Guard said if they come back they can park some place else.

Why is that?? The were flying A-4's last time I saw them.   
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 16:42
Cool videos!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 16:56
Attitude has a lot to do with it. When you come to a big airshow with several teams and demonstrations alllllll day long you shouldn't act like your the only ones performing, and eveyone else has to work around you. You should also be willing and grateful to share the ramp with the other Military aircraft that are performing.
In the public's eyes they were great. To everyone that had to work with them, they were premadonna's, and a little more.
I also happen to think the T-Birds put on a better show, but I'm kinda a Air Force guy.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 17:08

but I'm kinda a Air Force guy.

I concur...literally!! 
Big Grin 

Fighter jocks?? Prima donnas???
Really??  Bandito
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 17:30

Attitude has a lot to do with it. When you come to a big airshow with several teams and demonstrations alllllll day long you shouldn't act like your the only ones performing, and eveyone else has to work around you. You should also be willing and grateful to share the ramp with the other Military aircraft that are performing.
In the public's eyes they were great. To everyone that had to work with them, they were premadonna's, and a little more.
I also happen to think the T-Birds put on a better show, but I'm kinda a Air Force guy.

Could some of the issues you mention have anything to do with safety considerations?  Logistically, they have to transport a large amount of gear -- a C130, 7 F/A-18s, a large maintenance and ground crew, etc.  They need to have radio communications clear so they can communicate the maneuvers and timing between pilots, and if anything interferes with their comm channel, it can be deadly.  They need to survey the show site days in advance for reference landmarks for timing, alignment, etc.  They had a pilot killed 3 years ago during a demonstration, so they have very strict safety protocol.  There may have been issues with the configuration of the airport you're referring to.  I've seen them and the T-birds multiple times locally, and they shared the tarmac with many other aircraft; they just need extra space because of the manner in which they start up and taxi their jets to the runway.  Also keep in mind that the march to the planes, startup, and control surface checks with the ground crew are all part of the show too, so they can't have aircraft blocking the view from show center.

Not saying any of the above was the case at your particular location, just that it may help explain what the deal is.  They are like any other military jet team in that they have strict requirements for the show site in order to perform.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 18:00
As I remember, most of the issues occured the day before and day of the show. I know the Air Boss and we usually have a drink with him after the show. Not that I've never seen him mad before, or that he won't bitch about anything, but this time he was pissed and giving a list of other folks who were put out with the Blue Angles. I did know there were issues at the Guard ramp over parking with all the Mil. aircraft parked there. The guard ramp is closed to the public and not visible off the port. Hell I can't even get on their ramp now, unless invited to take a report. So only other military folks could see their march to the aircraft show. 
Gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Blue Angels wanted the GPS coordinates of exactly where they were going to park their aircraft a month before the show (I think this is when the friction started with the air boss), and there was no way to accomidate them then. The Air Boss said the individual aviators were great people, but he didn't care much for the Blue Angel organization.
If the Ky. Derby Festaval folks want the Angels back and their willing to come then they will be at Thunder Over Looneyville. 
It don't matter to me. I just get to watch them fly in and out of the port.

Edited by BeltFed - March/30/2010 at 13:58
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 18:36
Blue Angles put on quite a show even before they take off to do their "air show".

Do the Thunderbirds do the same? I've only seen them while their already in the air doing their performance.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2010 at 19:17
Yes, the T-birds do a walk down, engine run-up "show" before the show too.  Two different demonstrations with similar elements/ maneuvers, both "good," just different.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic