OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Setup for a Savage 10FCP-K .223

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No Style Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setup for a Savage 10FCP-K .223
    Posted: March/27/2010 at 05:50
Hi guys,

I'm hoping you could give me some guidance here. I'm looking for the best scope I can afford along with the appropriate mounting gear. I have a budget of about ~$800US (live in Aus but can avoid paying GST if the import is less than $1K).

I want to get a good set of genuine milspec rings and bases that are manufactured to tight tolerances. The left over money kind of defines the scope budget.

I'm open to any suggestions really from tactical to varmint to target scopes. The main use of the rifle will be target shooting out to 600m or so and varmint hunting.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, are there any bargain brands out there? (namely ones that are manufactured in the same facilities as upmarket quality optics, but which come with a lower price and less features?)

Cheers
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2010 at 09:56

With you situation about importing I don't know what scope to tell yousimply because of the rules of US Customs not allowing certain ones to go out the US.  For rings and bases I would look at TPS, Badger, or Warne.  All great and all hihgly reguarded.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic