OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles multi zero

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles multi zero
    Posted: March/23/2010 at 21:56
I've been looking at  the Kahles 4x12 x52 with Multi Zero.  I have heard about the problem of no distributer for Kahles in the US.  But has anyone tried one of these scopes and what did they like or dislike about the scope.  I like the way the multi zero works.  I think it would work great for me.  I would set right on for 2 hundred one for 3 hundred one for 4 and one for 5.  I shoot a .270 and i think that is as far as I would want to shoot.  I usually draw the line at 4 hundred.  I like the 4A recticle.  I don't know if I would like all the other stuff in my sight because I might get distrated I'm not used t it and would like to keep it clean.  Does the balistic turrent on the Swar's work like the multi zero?  thanks for the help.  WOuld any of you buy a Kahles now? 
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 22:03
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 23:34
I think you will be very pleased with the Kahles M/Z. Especially for your 270. 500yds is no problem for either. Unless you happen to get one of the few lemons out there, customer service probably won't be an issue. I have one on my savage muzzle loader and expect to have lots of fun this coming season. I tested it on a 270 last season and it tracks perfectly and the glass is great. I would buy another one if the application arose. The only thing I think I would change is going with the 30mm tube instead of the 1 inch that I have now. I just like the inner workings better. Good luck with your choice. Welcome to the OT.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
oldelkhunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldelkhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2010 at 09:31
It appears that Kahles will soon start importing  scopes into the US once again thru GAmo. Their repair department in Missouri is up and running. Having owned a few of these scopes they will not be going back to repair .
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2010 at 12:58
The multi-zero is to complicated for my taste , but the glass in the CL is fantastic.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
IronEagle View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronEagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2010 at 16:21

The CL's are great. I have a 3-10x50 4A w/multizero and I couldnt be happier. Low light performance is excellent. The 4a reticle is great for low light situations. The multizero system seems complicated when reading about how to set it up but when you have the scope in hand and watch the instructional video it becomes very clear on how to set it up.

The only problem with the CL's is they are becoming hard to track down. Im looking for a 2-7x36 4a w/MZ and I'm thinking i might be SOL for a little while. Maybe Gamo will import some CL's this year.
little cleo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2010 at 17:47
Thanks guys I still need to clerify something I read the post about setting the scope for the distances and it was great but say I  have my scope set like Bob's 200 300 400.  I have it at 200 and I see a deer at 400  do I dial the scope pointer to C?  And then shoot?  That was a great post packed with info!!!
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2010 at 20:17
cleo, after setting your zero on setting A and setting your zero stop on setting B, you move the pointer to mode C and you are through with the top of the turret.

When you want to shoot at any distance, you just turn the turret to the mark you want.  The scope is set on setting C and stays there.  The turret does have a screw on cap and I leave the turret set on my 200 yard zero.  When I am hunting the cap will come off just in case.  It is easy to look and see where it is set.
little cleo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2010 at 21:16
Sako have you tried the Swarovski Z3 or Z6 with the ballistic turrent?  If so have you heard better or th same han the Kahles?  Thanks for all the input
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2010 at 22:16
Originally posted by little cleo little cleo wrote:

Sako have you tried the Swarovski Z3 or Z6 with the ballistic turrent?  If so have you heard better or th same han the Kahles?  Thanks for all the input

No, I don't have any experience with them but knowing Swarovski I'm sure they are primo.  From their website it looks like it works the same but there seems to be one less mark.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2010 at 10:45
It really looks like a modified bersion of my Kahles MZ. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic