OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris AR 332

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbox22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris AR 332
    Posted: March/20/2010 at 22:01
Hey everyone I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with the Burris AR 332 compact sight.  It looks very promising but I'm hesitant to try it out due to the lack of reviews.  I'm going to mount it on my AR 16'' flat top.  I was leaning towards an Aimpoint Compc3 but the 3x mag of the Burris is enticing.  I like the look of the compact sights, but i will be using it mainly for coyote, pig, and targets out to 200 maybe 300 yards.  My budget currently is about 400.  Should I just hold off until I can afford a 4x Acog? Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Yak View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2010 at 00:07
There are more than a few opinions of the 332 floating around on OT and other sites but be advised many of them are not very positive. Things may have changed now that Burris has had a chance to work the bugs out over the last year or so but I really couldn't tell you.

Saving for an ACOG is always good but do not over look Trijicons TR-21 or TR-24 Accupoint. Both fine optics In they're own right.    
"Both of you peckerwood's can KMFA!!!" ~ Ceska
cbox22 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbox22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2010 at 03:25
Thats what i was afraid of i haven't really seen anything good about them either.  Thanks for the input.  I guess i will save for the Accupoint.  I've been looking at them quite hard and I don't think i can go wrong with one.
Yak View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2010 at 09:18
Accupoints are nice. Don't forget a good mount. ;-)
"Both of you peckerwood's can KMFA!!!" ~ Ceska
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic