OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What mounts fit my gun???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What mounts fit my gun???
    Posted: May/10/2004 at 17:24

Click here to print just the mounts and accessories portion of our catalog (1.30 MB)

Click here to download the Burris mount fit chart PDF.

Click here to download the Leupold mount fit chart PDF or use this handy Leupold mount wizard.

Edited by Chris Farris
Ring Master View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2004 at 14:14

Warne Bases and Rings. Download their PDF catalog at www.warnescopemounts.com

Ron
NRA Life Member
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2004 at 16:15
Might you be with Warne...Mr. Ring Master??  I assume so after reading your user name and first three post.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2004 at 16:27

Should have just read your profile.  Welcome, we sure can use your expertise and experience with mounts around here.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2005 at 10:32

Thank you.

Ron
NRA Life Member
iiibbb View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iiibbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2005 at 10:05
I have some Warne mounts on two thompson center barrels... even though they were spendy I was very satisfied because I just bolted it all on and everything lined up perfect.  Didn't seem to have to do anything special. 
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2005 at 11:14

Warne is the Factory supplier for Thompson Center.

RM

Ron
NRA Life Member
Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2005 at 11:03
As I compulsively buy cheap old guns at the gunshow, and try to drill, tap, and find mounts, the chart I like is found in Macfarland's "Introduction to modern gunmsithing". I have the 1965 Stackpole printing. The chart shows:
Weaver #---Length---hole spacing---diameter---thickness

For example, a Weaver #46, which has many applications:
46 --- 1.168 ---.860 --- 1.290 --- .350

Armed with a table of 62 Weaver mount dimentions, I can pick one that will be close to fitting. I can mill or die grind to fit and glass into place from there.

What does it all mean?
I measure the diameter of the reciever.
I then look at the chart and see the closest Weaver mount.
I order the mounts.
I drill the holes in the reciever at the spacing that fits the mount.
I mix up fiber glass resin and put between the mount and the reciever, put the screws in lightly, and put on a scope to fixture the position of the mounts.
When the glass is hard, I take off the scope and tighten the screws.
Voila! mounts on a rifle for which none are listed.

Edited by Clark
bcook75 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcook75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2007 at 18:09
I would like to mount a leupold 1" tube.  vx2 3-9*40 to a flattop ar15.  The leupold tool says it's not possible.  There has to be a way.  Can someone help?
Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2007 at 15:43
Yeah,
You buy a pair of high height Weaver rings.
You may need a screw driver, depending on which pair of rings you get.
You can pay between $5 and $150 for the pair of rings.

I like Burris Z rings.
These should work for you:
 http://www.swfa.com/pc-1219-466-burris-zee-1-rings.aspx

Edited by Clark
hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2007 at 11:37
Call warne on correct 1" ring heigth for an AR, it's much higher than a bolt action rifle. 1.4" from the flat top to the center crosshair I read.
duke7581 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke7581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2007 at 17:27
which mounts and sizes should i go with i've got a 7mm win. model 70 putting a 4x16x50 4200 on it and my dad has a win. model 70 264 he's looking at putting a 2.5x10x50 4200 on it hoping to order from you guys tommorow.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2008 at 13:55
Ringmaster, I use Warne mounts and rings almost exclusively on all of my bolt action rifles, which are extensive, except for a couple one piece light weight Talley mounts/rings and small bore applications.  As far as I am concerned, they are the best on the market.  I once bought some Thompson Center rings because I needed some "Warne" like rings in a hurry and I said to myself that these must be made by Warne.  Thanks for clearing that up.  By the way, your CS department is great.  Every time I call, they answer my questions in a polite manner.  Once I called and needed two sets of 30mm QD high rings yesterday, really in 2 days and nobody had them.  They worked me through Lock, Stock and Barrel (not sure why they did not work me through SWFA, which would have been preferable), but I got them right on time.  If that ever happens again, have them work me through SWFA.  Thanks.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2008 at 17:57
Dolphin,

If I were still employed by Warne, SWFA is the only place I would have sent you. SWFA will take better care of you than anybody I know. I know the the person that does my old job, and he's a very knowledgeable person and will take care of you. 

When I left Warne, the owner (Charlie Lake) wanted to stop all sales to the private sector and even to dealers so all sales to WD's only. That would leave people like you hanging out to dry.  The Warne product is among the very best out there, bar none. Let's just hope that Charlie figures that out before he shoots himself in the foot.

Edited by Ring Master - January/21/2008 at 19:53
Ron
NRA Life Member
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2008 at 19:55
Dolphin,

I did notice the Warne Ring profile on your avatar. I tried to upload a pic of my Shot Show 2006 rifle, but it's too fat.
Ron
NRA Life Member
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2008 at 08:22
[QUOTE=Ring Master]Dolphin,

I did notice the Warne Ring profile on your avatar. I tried to upload a pic of my Shot Show 2006 rifle,
That is a custom rifle base on a Parker Hale action that I trued and glass bedded and has Warne mounts and 1 inch QD rings, matte, with a 3x9 vx-II scope in a 243 win..  Shoots 1/4 to 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards.  Gorgeous rifle, but took many hours to put together.  Go through photobucket to upload your pics to this site.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2008 at 21:21
Thank YOU!!  for the for the information. The new avatar shows the 2006 Shot Show prize. This is a Ruger 10-22 put together with some of the neatest stuff available. It was a combined effort of the Outdoor Channel's Shooting Gallery & Tactical Solutions in Boise, Idaho. I won this Jewell in a drawing at the Shot Show. Note the Warne porfile....
Ron
NRA Life Member
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2008 at 21:34
Does anyone know if Duke 7581 got an answer to his question??
Ron
NRA Life Member
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2008 at 20:49
Can I use Warne or Talley rings with Weaver bases?
take em!
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2008 at 21:36
It depends if they are weaver "style" bases and weaver "style" rings yes. What are they exactly.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic