OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Anyone ever used a Leemers before?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone ever used a Leemers before?
    Posted: March/16/2010 at 09:24
I know they are extrodinarily cheep which I am sure equals to thier performance, and I even have heard of a few not working for people shortly after purchase.

But has anyone used one that liked it? Just for an airgun or .22?
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 18:13
I meant "Leapers".   ...I'll be happy once I can edit in here.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 18:41
You can edit at 50 post, you can do yourself a huge favor and stay away from leapers.  The only purpose one could serve would be to be a target for KB's Lott or Elvira....

Edit for this

I gave $20 for one at a gun show just cause, no reason other than he was sitting there selling them and i was like how much for fun he said $79.99.  I said i got a $20.00 bill in my wallet and thats it. He said sold. First off. he had to of made money so you know he paid less than that for it.  SEcond of off, on a 10/22 it wasn't repeatable, shot to shot was all over and it had no reliabliity.....I put it on a 308 to see if the recoil was going to shake it to hell and back, it did in 4 shots. 

Edited by SVT_Tactical - March/16/2010 at 18:43
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 18:50
I have heard some with similar results as you, however I have also heard from others claiming they have not had any issues. Seems to be an unreliable scope for sure wheather you get a good one or not.

However also keep in mind, they are inexpensive, so you get what you pay for.
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 18:50
This again is for a .22, not something with any marginal amount of recoil.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 18:56
Originally posted by CALL911 CALL911 wrote:

This again is for a .22, not something with any marginal amount of recoil.
I had it on a 22.  its not the recoil that hurts it, its the existance of the scope itself.  You could go out and get one tomorrow that worked like a charm, loved it and kept it forever, but chances are and history has show, you more likely to get mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 19:01
Anyone else have personal experience with one?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 19:22
I had a 6x Leapers on a springer airgun. It held zero and never failed over several hundred rounds. The glass was not very good and it was worthless in low light.

Doug

Edited by tahqua - March/21/2010 at 17:49
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 19:33
I have also heard they were not good at low light, but how could the glass be good when they are that inexpensive.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone else have an experience with Leapers scopes?
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2010 at 16:38
Nope...........I think that about covers it...
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2010 at 16:47
It seems there are mixed reviews at best from other sources I have seen.

Having no personal experience with them, I would say its a definate gamble for the good or bad. It's one of the more (if not the most) inexpensive mil-dot scopes on the market, so you are left with the choice of either rolling the dice and seeing if you end up with a good one, or just spending more money on something you KNOW will work.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic