OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

?Scheels scopes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ?Scheels scopes?
    Posted: March/15/2010 at 21:30
Anybody have any experiance with the scheels store brand hunter series scopes? I am looking for a lower priced scope for my 22-250. I looked at them last week and was pretty impressed for the price. 6-18x40 mil dot, sun shade,  plus a no questions over the counter lifetime warrenty.

Moderators- I appoligize if this post is against the rules cause it's SWFA's site. If it is please delete.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2010 at 21:42
I personally have never seen one. IMHO- I stick with products that I am familiar with and has an known reputation. I hope if you decide to get one Good Luck....
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2010 at 21:46
how much do they want for it?? or in other words, how much do you wanna spend?
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2010 at 21:52
$230
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2010 at 21:53
i assume you were looking at them inside the store???
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2010 at 21:59
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i assume you were looking at them inside the store???

Yes it was in the store
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2010 at 22:09
scopes always look better inside stores under florescent lights. to get a true reading on how they actually look you gotta be outside. i would look at vortex diamond back or vortex crossfire, they both offer excellent value.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 06:48
if this helps at all. when i was trying to get out of the salesman who made these scopes for scheels he said Carson optics.
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 07:41
I'm making one more atempt at getting opinions before I let this thread die, anybody?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 07:55
I went to Carson's web site and didn't see any rifle scopes. I haven't seen anything about them around here either, sorry.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 09:32
  I've looking for info,reviews,or rating comments.  Nothing.  At least so far.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 09:38
Thanks for digging into it. My searches have also came up empty thats why I figured i'd go to you guys. They seem great from handleing them in the store. I could always just get a Vortex crossfire for around the same price, but there is no place near that carries them instock so I can't take a look at them. i even emailed Vortex about a store that would carry them and no response
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 10:41
I have a Crossfire. It has been reliable and the glass is very good for the money. I have been impressed by Vortex scopes and binoculars enough that I will buy more of their products.

Doug
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 11:22
I've usually prefer to get my hands on something before i buy. but in the case of the Vortex I don't think i've even read a bad thing about them. 
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 11:35
I have to say that since joining OT I have ordered several scopes, sight unseen, because of information here. The 3-9 4200 and a couple of Monarchs were a few of these.
The Crossfire was some what of an unknown commodity when I bought it. The biggest thing that was talked about around here was the fantastic pricing. I was pleasantly surprised by the glass quality.

Doug
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 13:00
I just found this on another site

"And if you like Nikons, try Scheels brand scopes. They ARE Nikons with Scheels name on them. Quality scope at a great savings over the name brand."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic