OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA SS 16X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldribm_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA SS 16X
    Posted: March/13/2010 at 09:02
Has anyone experiecned any clarity issues with the SWFA SS 16X?  I bought one around a year ago after reading all of the good reviews on them but so far am unimpressed.  I think that my Elite 3200 10X40 that I purchased several years ago is a far surperior scope.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2010 at 13:09
Your not comparing similar beast here.  A 10x vs a 16x is far different.  I have the Bushnell 3200 elite 10x and the SS10x w/SF.  The SS is by far clearer and sharper of an image.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
aldribm_123 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldribm_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 23:30
I know that the power makes a difference, but the scope is just foggy.  It doesn't matter how I focus it or at any range, the sight picture is blurry as it can be.  I've had $25 Wal-Mart  specials that had better visibility than my SS.
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 23:47
I would try calling SWFA and talking to them about it, they are pretty cool.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2010 at 06:24

I have to agree call SWFA and let them know whats going on.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
fishingfool View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2010 at 23:31
Just bought a ss16 for 22-250,very clear and bright I can see the stripes on a ground squirell at 250 yards no problem.
DSP Rock Harbor
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2010 at 23:49
I agree with the above. If you contact SWFA, they will take care of you. I personally have not had any issues with my 10x, but have witnessed some outstanding customer service put out by SWFA on this forum and on Sniper's Hide.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 10:22

I have found through the years that QC/QA is no longer what it implies.  Some bad ones just go through either by design or by accident.  There is just no way to know.  Which is why it is best to look through the scope you are buying before you walk out the door with it.  Or buy a prodcut from a dealer, or a brand, online with a no questions asked warranty/guarantee.

Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2010 at 10:28
Yup, talk to SWFA... I have had my 16X SS for 4 years now and is still bright and clear...Cool

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
diggler1833 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggler1833 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2010 at 03:44
Without looking through it I wonder how foggy the scope is.  Not doubting that there is an issue, but it is a $300 optic, if you expect the clarity of a $1K plus optic you are misleading yourself.

I had a 16x SS for a while and it worked well for me.  Glass was definitely not anything to go bragging about, but the functionality of the scope for the price was.

Hope all works out well for you in the end.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic