OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Duck and cover!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duck and cover!
    Posted: March/11/2010 at 16:59

After 2 fantastic days of 70 deg. weather the season is changing. Tuesday we had the first tornado of the year for Oklahoma. Yesterday afternoon was watching the clouds swirl on the drive home. 45 Minutes later it had formed into a small tornado over Locust Grove. Then traveled into Arkansas causing a lot of damage. After these violent storms pass you can be blessed with the most brilliant rainbows.

Then because the tornado's form late in the afternoons you get great sunsets shortly after.

Pray for the ones that have to suffer the storms destruction, and rejoice for the beauty that can be left in its wake.

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 07:29
Nature amazes me, those are some beautiful pics man.  I go through hurricanes all the time, seen a few waterspouts and a couple small twisters, but the things yall get, I wouldn't know what to do.  IT scares teh bejebers out of me.  yall have a storm cellar or safe haven from them?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2010 at 12:18
You can not dodge a hurricane very easily, but you have plenty of warning time to evacuate. A big tornado is only 1-2 miles wide. Most tornado's only 200-300 yards wide. but can pack a real wallop. When they form over you there is very little warning. I can dodge the tornado's I see . The ones you can't see well you probably won't know it before its too late. My place is just far enough from town that you can't hear the alarms that they have in town. We do not have a shelter. So many are full of water when you need them. If you ever get a chance to come out here in April or May we can go out and chase them. Lots of excitement when you catch the right cell. Then you will not have any bejebers to take back home to worry about .Wink

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2010 at 13:19
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

You can not dodge a hurricane very easily, but you have plenty of warning time to evacuate. A big tornado is only 1-2 miles wide. Most tornado's only 200-300 yards wide. but can pack a real wallop. When they form over you there is very little warning. I can dodge the tornado's I see . The ones you can't see well you probably won't know it before its too late. My place is just far enough from town that you can't hear the alarms that they have in town. We do not have a shelter. So many are full of water when you need them. If you ever get a chance to come out here in April or May we can go out and chase them. Lots of excitement when you catch the right cell. Then you will not have any bejebers to take back home to worry about .Wink

LOL, Bejebers, I like that. I may have too set something up and see what we can do...
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2010 at 21:49
April 13- 19 I will be in California. The prime tornado period kicks in the last week of April into May. Here is a link to some of our statitics. I normaly don't go looking for them.

Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 19:57
Yeah 3_tens,
After all that excitement last week and another beautiful sunny 76 degree day today, the weatherman tells us we have another winter storm moving in tonight to rival the Christmas Eve blizzard. Oh well.
My only comfort is that the weathermen like to tell scary stories so we'll watch 'em and they usually miss the mark by a mile.
On the down side, the wind is howlin' right now and driving that rain pretty hard, just like they said it would.
Maybe they'll be wrong about the ice and snow and blizzard part.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic