OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Savage Long Range Hunter 111LRH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage Long Range Hunter 111LRH
    Posted: March/11/2010 at 11:51
For those who have been watching and waiting.  I just got a notice from BudGS that they now have the new Savage Long Range Hunter is in stock (at least in 300 WIn Mag I am interested in) They are listed under $800 delivered.

Now all I need is the money!!! Clown
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2010 at 11:53

Gonna resort to hooking again or is the strip club gonna take you back as the main event?

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2010 at 13:12
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Gonna resort to hooking again or is the strip club gonna take you back as the main event?

Naw man and I am bummed!  The midget doesn't want to come out of retirement
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2010 at 13:22
Yall did make a great tag team.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2010 at 13:42
Don't know what I'm gonna do!  Really want that gun!
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2010 at 13:42
Sperm bank?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2010 at 18:26
My luck I'd go blind about the time I made enough!
--Thomas Jefferson

rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2010 at 20:40
 Bud I feel your pain I just spent the extra cash for a new safe #2, and after building the model 12 I'm done for a while.
 Although some of the seldom used shot guns may find new homes pretty soon.
froggy
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 07:10
Yeah, my income is down about $12K from last year when I had almost unlimited OT. 

Monday the merger is complete and it will be DAY One for the new Stanley Black & Decker.  Last Wednesday was the send off for 8 of the executives being laid off.  Published base salaries totaled 15 Million.  Well This morning someone posted the SEC reported Severance packages for those 8 people=== Would you believe 50 Million dollars!!!  These guys where lower upper management.  Needless to say the notice didn't stay on the board very long at all.  Another notice that didn't stay up long was the disclosure that Nolan Archibald B&D outgoing CEO will receive 90 Million dollars over 3 years gauranteed plus golden parachute for hanging B&D out to dry less than 6 months before its 100th anniversary.  He will sit on the stanley board.

Internal scuttlebutt says the John Shiech (Mr. Dewalt) and head of the entire Dewalt division supposedly made more last year than the CEO of Stanley.  So we are thinking it will be at least a 3rd year in a row without raises.

At least I have a job I love!!!!  Pray they don't screw that up too!
--Thomas Jefferson

rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 07:23
 Bud now I realy feel your PAIN. Stanley "was" the city of NEW BRITAIN,CT, then They went to china, now the city looks as if a big bomb hit. They tore down their buildings and left a huge gapping hole in the town. I live about 20 miles away and when the brass mills and copper tubing makers moved to china or Ohio they did the same thing here.
 Cross your fingers and pray!
froggy
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 08:38
LOL!?!?!?  Thanks Froggy, now I feel much better.  No No
--Thomas Jefferson

rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 20:21
 Bud didn't mean to pee on your parade. Just telling you what they and many others did to the tax em state.

froggy
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 20:22
Filed your taxes yet Bud?  May have a tax refund gun fund?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 20:22
i finally got my state return today, like 3 weeks later than my fed. returnLoco
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
02Silver View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 02Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 22:27
I go dizzy thinking of the next caliber.  I always buy "common ammo" calibers...I bought a 6.5 Grendel upper the other day.  It hasn't arrived yet but I seriously considered a 243 WSSM.  One of the short or super shorts are tempting but then again a 6.5 Creedmore/6.5x284/338 Edge/Lapua/RUM is also tempting.  I need to stick to 308's and 223's but all of you guys make people think they need....something.  :)
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2010 at 08:16
No I haven't filed my taxes yet!  This lovely weather weekend its a good time for it so....
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2010 at 08:29
You didn't do it froggy!  Corporate america did it to maximize profit.  we are just a resource or commodity that was consumed or became too expensive.  So we were discarded in favor of cheaper 3rd world labor.
--Thomas Jefferson

02Silver View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 02Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2010 at 11:00
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

You didn't do it froggy!  Corporate america did it to maximize profit.  we are just a resource or commodity that was consumed or became too expensive.  So we were discarded in favor of cheaper 3rd world labor.

I work for a major chemical company and we steadily push the "diverse global" economy.  The last 30 years we have steadily sent more and more jobs to Asia.  If we are going to send jobs overseas it ought to at least be on this continent.  Our Asia home office is many many times nicer and ginormous than the home and founding place in America.

I am not surprised that B & D moved like that.  Danbury CT got whacked like that when Union Carbide was bought.  Main street is getting whacked by Wall Street and DC every day.  It matters not which party is in control....unions, lobbyist, politicians, and "investment houses".  Until "working people" turn out in droves to elect people out and send a message, we will continue to be divided and conquered by race, creed, religion, abortion, and every other angle possible the machine will continue to grow and consuming us with taxes.

Sorry for the long response but what has happened in your community could easily happen to mine.  I work (thankfully) a ton of hours and am living within my means to try and get debt free and out from under the yoke before I too get corporate bit.

I hope you guys find something to try and fill the void.

Richard
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2010 at 13:51
Well I did my taxes yesterday and I will have just enough to go ahead an order my 300 Win Mag.  Been waiting since January for them to get production going!  Here she is:  Accu-trigger, Accu-stock Hinged floorplate, heavy fluted barrel, adjustable break and adjustable Karsten cheek piece!  Delivered $784!!! Yippee  Excited I am!

--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2010 at 13:53
cool beans bud!!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic