OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Savage Centrefire Rifles...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage Centrefire Rifles...
    Posted: March/05/2010 at 04:40
I know a few on here have got them...how do they shoot??? Anyone got an Accustock model???

I went to the gun shop thats got my Mark II on order and whilst I was there I asked about the 10 FLCP-K...I can get that gun over here for the same price as a Remington SPS Varmint or a CZ527 (both in left-handed).
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2010 at 04:56

They used to be made with a 20" barrel, no muzzle break and a tupperware stock and that is the model I have and out of the box it was sub moa. Now that it is in a much better stock shooting sierra 150 hpbt matchkings it is consistantly around .5@100. I have it in both calibers and am glad I have the older model but only because I am not a big fan of the breaks.
  Reading on one of the Savage forums puts the newer model about half way inbetween and the comments on the new stock run around 50/50.
froggy
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2010 at 07:33
I've got a model 11 in .204 with synthetic stock.  It seems pretty good to me, but I have NOT mearsured it for accuracy.  It sighted-in just fine though.  I really like the accutrigger!
take em!
Teddy Bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2010 at 08:21
I bought a model 11 with walnut stock in 270 WSM 2 years ago for hunting whitetail.  Out of the 5 deer I've taken with it, 4 were dead before they hit the ground and the 5th went about 15 yards.  I really like that calibre.  Only thing I don't like is that the clip in the savages (magnums) only holds 2 rounds but that just makes you concentrate more on the first shot.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2010 at 11:02
Mine are all sub MOA with factory loads. Not Accu Stock, just rebedded, but they are Accu Trigger.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2010 at 19:49

The SPS Varmint and the CZ527 is cash only price from one of the big gun shops where I live while the 10 FLCP-K I can layby and pay off over a month. This deal is from a small shop where I got my Ruger and that Savage I got on order.

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2010 at 13:47
I had a look at a Savage 10 FCP (no -K???) in .308 yesterday when getting my CZ sorted. Looks good, metal finish was good and the Accustock fore-end does not even flex one bit! Thunbs Up
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2010 at 15:53
 AK the K only designates the muzzle brake. Personaly I would rather not have it anyway. You looked at my picture post and everyone of them is sub moa and not one is bedded.
froggy
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2010 at 19:48
I've also had great luck with savage rifles, all have been very accurate. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2010 at 19:55
I have a 12F/TR  .308,nick named "fatboy" because it's heavy.
Shoots  pretty good when im on form.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2010 at 23:58
Originally posted by rjtfroggy rjtfroggy wrote:

AK the K only designates the muzzle brake.

The one I saw and held said FCP on the price label but it had a muzzle break so it was a FCP-K hence the question marks. Still tossing up whether to get the 10 FLCP-K or a 14 American Classic.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2010 at 11:46
I have two Savages so far!  A 270Win in the old synthetic stock and a 223 with a lamy thumbhole.  both have accu-triggers and are sub-MOA out of the box untuned.  FYI, I have been watching / waiting for the new Savage Long Range hunter 111LRH in 300WinMag to hit the stores and I just received an email from my local shop saying they now have it in stock for under $800USD delivered.  It is pretty similar to those your looking at but has a blind mag or hinged floor plate, no box mag.  It also has fluted bull barrel and adjustable brake, accu-stock and accu-trigger.

I am totally bummed that my finances suck right now and I can't afford it!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chem-man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chem-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 21:11
You are looking at the same rifle that I am going to get- someday!  I was supposed to get the Savage FCP-K in .308 for Christmas but had a slight financial change of plans.

I have several Savage rifles.  Very accurate.  Can't wait to get the FCP-K.
Breath, Relax, Aim, Stop, Squeeze...
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 21:24
Hey Tip.

How come you don't want that .204 any more?

Sell it to me I say, happier you will be.

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 21:35
Well the tax refund saved the day!  Ordered her yesterday! $784 delivered Karsten Cheek piece, Accu-stock, accutrigger, hinged floor, heavy fluted barrel , adjustable brake.  WooHoo

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 21:40
Nice rig man, what ya gunna top it with?
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
austin243600yd. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin243600yd. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2010 at 21:41
i own a remy 700 ADL in 243 WIN. ive shot 5 shot groups under .4 M.O.A. at 100 yards and ive shot 2 inch 10 shot groups at 600 yards on a day with no wind i have shot a few savages and brownings i wouldent mind having a savage model 12 in my gun case sitten next to my remy though
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 00:18

FLCP-K...not mine unfortunately...

John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 05:38
 AK  That must be the Aussie model, the bolt is on the wrong side.
froggy
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 05:57
Originally posted by rjtfroggy rjtfroggy wrote:

AK  That must be the Aussie model, the bolt is on the wrong side.

Big Grin
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic