OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Tripods, sun shades, lens covers, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Butler Creek for Bushnell 6500 Tactical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVEN_7.62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butler Creek for Bushnell 6500 Tactical
    Posted: March/04/2010 at 09:59
Hello All, I'm new to the forums here and just purchased a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 Tactical Scope.  I was trying to get a size for a set of Butler Creek Flip Up caps for it, but can't find the size I need for the Objective.  I believe the eye piece is a "19".  Does anybody here have a positive size for the objective???  Thanks In Advance, Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-RAVEN_7.62-
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 10:02
Depending on how fast you need to know a call to SWFA would be the fastest and you could place an order for them at that time.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
RAVEN_7.62 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVEN_7.62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 10:18
Just called both Butler Creek and SWFA.  I got 2 different answers ... BC states a 19 and 30 while SWFA states 18 and 29???  Now I'm really confused Whacko.

-RAVEN_7.62-
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 10:35
I will say this, SWFA has both the scope and the flip caps in hand and know, Plus you would much rather have a tight fit than a loose fit even if you do have to tap it on or lightly force it, its not something you take on and off.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVEN_7.62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 10:43
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

I will say this, SWFA has both the scope and the flip caps in hand and know, Plus you would much rather have a tight fit than a loose fit even if you do have to tap it on or lightly force it, its not something you take on and off.

Thank You a TON ... You've been more than helpful Thunbs Up!!! 

I think I'll be ordering the 18 and 29.  I did order the scope from SWFA and it should be getting here soon.  This scope is going on a Remington 700 LTR .308 that I'll be taking to a sniper class along with my SASS.  I believe the only time I'll be taking the front cap off is to use the sun shade.  Take Good Care and Be Safe Always ...Again, Thank You Much.

-RAVEN_7.62-
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 10:49
Congrats on your recent purchase.  Let us know how the class goes, and how the SASS holds up during the class.  Good luck shooting.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 10:50
Oh and might I suggest a mildot master if you dont' already have one.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 11:09
I have that same scope. I got it from SWFA with Butler Creek flip up caps. Go with what they tell ya.
Welcome to the OT. Good choice of scope BTW!!!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVEN_7.62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 11:46
I'll definitely keep you up to date ...the class I'm going to isn't until July, but there is a possibility I might be able to go to an ealier course.  This is per my department and unknown if it's definite.  Of course they love to spring things on me at the last second ...so I have to scramble to get everything together.  I'll be ready this time in the case I do have to go earlier Wink.

I do have the Mil Dot Master and have been practicing some mil calculations.  I just recently purchased The Long Range Shooting Simulator Disc (version 3.0).  Interesting info on there.

I'll be going with what SWFA suggests for the caps ... Thanks a lot gents.  Seems I found the right place to be for optics Cool.  Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-RAVEN_7.62-
CiscoKid View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CiscoKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2011 at 15:17

I ordered butler creek covers for my newly purchased Elite 6500 2.5X16 42mm based on the above post without having the actual scope delivered (wanted to get ahead of the game). Once the scope arrived I tried putting on the Obj cover but it did not fit well. The eye piece size 18 fit perfectly but the Obj cover size 29 did not fit as well. I can force it on the Obj but I have to use too much force. I have already placed an order for a size 30 just to see how it fits. I think the size 30 will be a much better fit.  I will post more once I get it.

Picture link:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic