OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

online scope shopping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltwater_therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: online scope shopping
    Posted: March/02/2010 at 23:38
anyone ever purchase from competitor? they seem to have some great sale prices.

Edited to remove link to competitor.

Edited by RifleDude - March/02/2010 at 23:49
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2010 at 23:48
Please read the forum rules you agreed to when you registered your account, specifically, Rule #3, which states:

"3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee."

This site is operated by SWFA, an optics retailer.  It is bad form to come onto SWFA's site, who provides this forum for your use, and try to redirect people to their competitors.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
JimFromTN View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimFromTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 09:34
Does that mean that SWFA will beat any other retailer's price by 10%?  What are the rules on that and how do you let SWFA know that you found the same scope for a lower price?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 09:36
here look at this
http://swfa.com/About.aspx
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 11:54
saltwater_therapy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltwater_therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 21:09
sorry wasn't thinking about that. Won't happen again. I will not discuss all the details but I found a product $83 cheaper and submitted a price match request and SWFA was unable to match it. I was only looking for any reviews people might have or experiences with the other company. I was not trying to promote or recommend a competitor.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 21:22
S p e l l out the name of the competitor like t h i s.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 21:23
was it m-i-d-w-a-y?
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
saltwater_therapy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltwater_therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 21:34
although the above mentioned does have good price it was a smaller company i had never heard of and came across using a search engine.
SWFA does beat most places on most items, and  this forum is very informative.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2010 at 05:44
saltwater_therapy
I've seen some very low prices advertised and further research indicated that the models were refurb or demo and not 100% new in box. Sometimes there will be closeout prices on models the dealer is no longer stocking. All of this may or may not apply in this case.
Web auction pricing is all over the map.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 09:39
Originally posted by saltwater_therapy saltwater_therapy wrote:

sorry wasn't thinking about that. Won't happen again. I will not discuss all the details but I found a product $83 cheaper and submitted a price match request and SWFA was unable to match it. I was only looking for any reviews people might have or experiences with the other company. I was not trying to promote or recommend a competitor.
 For $83 dollars I would think SWFA would honor the 110% price match for any advertised price.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 11:25
I can promise you that there is no company that buys goods at a lower price than us.  We will never lose a legitimate sale based on price.
JerseySlayer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerseySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 12:04
I was going to purchase my next scope thru SWFA but they don't have the Kahles I want...said all they carry is sample list...
So I guess that's that....
The company Pyro mentioned is ok no troubles so far
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 12:40
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

I can promise you that there is no company that buys goods at a lower price than us.  We will never lose a legitimate sale based on price.
For $83 dollars I would honor it match the price and have a new customer.SWFA 110% price match is only good for any legit item being sold.The catch no Ebay,discontinued ,clearance,wholesale.Got too love the SWFA 110% catch!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 12:42
Originally posted by Randall45 Randall45 wrote:

For $83 dollars I would honor it match the price and have a new customer.SWFA 110% price match is only good for any legit item being sold.The catch no Ebay,discontinued ,clearance,wholesale.Got too love the SWFA 110% catch!

May wanna check fire there!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 12:53
Originally posted by Randall45 Randall45 wrote:

Catch??? You might want to read and understand the terms...  There are too many scams out there to try to match the situations you listed.  If they didn't exclude your listed "sources",  I could easily put SWFA out of business in about 3 months...

You display an odd understanding of the priciples of business...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 13:08

I bought countless items over the years from SWFA and still like there service.Also being in business a sale can make a customer happy even if you may lose money on that item.My point is for $83 dollars make a customer happy.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 13:25

We'd gladly take a look at his $83. deal but he never let me know what the deal was.  We get hundreds of request a month and I don't know which one his was.  There are many reasons why we can't price match like if it is discontinued and we don't have any.  This happened with Leupold this year they made changes to many of their scopes and gave them new stock numbers, the rest of the description remained the same.  We closed out all of the old models with the discontinued stock numbers but still get price match request from places like m i d w a y that still have the old discontinued models.  Once we verify the mfg. stock number is one of the old discontinued ones we let the customer know that we don't have any of those and that our inventory is the new version with a different stock number and different cost.

I will be glad to look into the original posters inquiry but I have to know his name, the competitor, the product and the price.  Without these things I can't do anything.
JerseySlayer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerseySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 13:39
Let me just post this...
I purchased a nikon team primos from swfa.... Then realized I wanted rings as well... Sent an email but had already been shipped... They added it to the order...shipped it seperately and at the same original shipping....
That's Good Customer service!!!!!!
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 16:46
Originally posted by JerseySlayer JerseySlayer wrote:

Let me just post this...
I purchased a nikon team primos from swfa.... Then realized I wanted rings as well... Sent an email but had already been shipped... They added it to the order...shipped it seperately and at the same original shipping....
That's Good Customer service!!!!!!
 The service is very good...never had a problem.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic