OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

DPMS LR 308 TAC 20 + IOR Valdada scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardus2504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DPMS LR 308 TAC 20 + IOR Valdada scope
    Posted: February/27/2010 at 17:30
Hi,
I have a DPMS LR 308 TAC 20 (it looks like an AR 15 with a 20 inch barrel, except on steroids).  I have lurked for some time and attempted to use the search function, however I am going to ask for the experts here on this site. 

I am interested in a trio of IOR Valdada rifle scopes.  They are the 2.5 - 10 X 42 FFP with exposed knobs, the 2 -12 X 32 35mm, and the new 2-12 X 36 35mm Spartan scopes. 

Which one would be the most appropriate for the rifle I have?

Thanks
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2010 at 23:37
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those but the 2-12X36 would be great for a .308 like that.
Reaction time is a factor...
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2010 at 00:01
That would be my choice too.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Ricardus2504 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardus2504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2010 at 14:34
Thanks for the suggestions but I have decided to stay away from BDCs because they are problematic and they limit you to one bullet weight. 

Both Koshkin and Scott at Liberty Optics have suggested (for very good reasons) to go with the 2.5 - 10 X 42 30mm FFP illum. mil/mil scope.  I respect their views immensely. 

Because of its length 13.5 inches, I am inclined to stick with the 2-12 X 32 35mm tube scope which is 10.75 inches.  However, given all that the FFP scope has going for it, I may just go for that one.  If the combo becomes too unwieldy I will swap it out to another rifle and get another scope for the 20inch rifle. 

Either way I will get one or the other within the next day or so.  The state of Texas is sometimes slow with disbursements.

Thanks once again for the input.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2010 at 14:47
Welcome to Optics Talk!

Those are nice rifles! Good shooting!! 

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2010 at 14:49
I would get the 2.5-10x.  Having had several of the IORs with the covered small knobs, the new larger uncovered knobs are a huge improvement in making those scopes better.  No comparison IMO.  Also the Illumination on the old models leaves a lot to be desired, that new 2.5-10x is suppose to be much better in that regard. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2010 at 15:12
Another opinion for the 2.5-10x42.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic