OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Good target scope for SIG 522

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew17019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good target scope for SIG 522
    Posted: February/25/2010 at 07:30
I recently purchased a SIG 522, and I'm looking for the best optic I can put on there for the price.  I'm looking to shoot from 50-100M.  I guess with the number of AR style 22lr's coming out (Colt, S&W, SIG) there's going to be a new market for rimfire scopes in this style, but what is there now that would probably best suit this purpose?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 07:43
Andrew17019 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew17019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 08:47
Thanks, I already have an eotech on my ar, but i'm thinking of a telescopic sight for my 22. I'm a big fan of the acog, but I don't feel like it would be a great pairing with the 522. I was looking at some the bsa sweet and bushnell scopes, thoughts on these?
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 09:21

I have a Bushnell 3200 10x on my AR233.  Its a fixed 10x so it will be a little hard to get onto targets at 50 but doable.  I wouldn't put the BSA on there, nothing against them I used on for a month the same AR but it wasn't.......worthy.  Also look at your mounting too, the burris PEPR and SWFA SuperSniper SSALT are great.

I would look at something like a 1-4 or similar like these....

depending on how much you wanna spend again, that will help with our suggestions.

(Then again if you want an awesome performing scope put his on there.

Andrew17019 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew17019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 09:42
Ah, sorry I didn't fully answer your first set of questions.  I'm looking to spend under $200, trying to keep it more around the $150 or less range, but it depends.  Right now I have a 1x30 4moa red dot on it (cheap, generic brand) and it works great as a reflex sight, but not awesome out at 50m+.  My goal is to be able to get some nice tight shot groups in a 6 inch target at 50-100m.

In the future I may swap in my EOTech for shooting close with my 522 and put the telescoped sight on my AR instead.  It's an idea that I'm half sold on, haven't really made up my mind on that yet.  I think I need to see how wll the 522 holds up past 50 m, since that's as far as I've shot it yet (it doesn't come with iron sights so I wasn't able to try it out with irons).  If I can find something that is relatively well transferrable to my 223 ar then I would probably be willing to jump around $250 without too much regret.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2010 at 11:04

I would look at the votex and PEPR or the millet combo then.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic