OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Curling....Seriously

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curling....Seriously
    Posted: February/22/2010 at 18:47

This was the most fascinating thing to watch....for about 10 seconds, but once done making fun of the people so serioulsy scratching ice in front of a giant puck, it lost its fun.

Really, what does this proove, which countries have the most free time on their hands?
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2010 at 19:01

I'm sure it would be fun to play....if you could drink.  But, it's not much to watch. 

If you call your shotgun a "shottie"....what do you call your pistol?
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2010 at 19:08
I couldn't agree with you more... until I played it.  It's a riot to play and the finesse is much harder than it looks.  I used to think the same about golf until I played that... Then it becomes more interesting to watch.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2010 at 21:24
Just change the words around and Golf is more fun.
I hit the ball 300 Yds.
I hit the ball at 300 Yds.        Sharp Shooter

Edited by 3_tens - February/22/2010 at 21:24
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2010 at 21:36
I also caught about 10 sec. of it today.  It appears to be a training plat form for shuffle board.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 17:31
This is a sport designed so janitors can say "see... we're athletes too!"

I don't get it either.  Not that it's a sport, but that it was deemed worthy of an Olympic sport.  What next... Olympic checkers?!!!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 17:44
And to think, NBC thinks curling is more exciting to watch than the biathalon. Or is it because rifles are involved with skiing in the biathalon, and rifles are BAD?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 17:53
It's bowls on ice.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 20:13
New sport, chug a beer before it gets to the other end, makes it more exciting.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 20:16
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

they dont show that part on tv, its a sport that shows you dont have to be a world class athlete and be in kick ass shape to win gold.
nothing like drinking beer and throwing scottish rocks across a frozen pond.Cheers
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 20:37
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

they dont show that part on tv, its a sport that shows you dont have to be a world class athlete and be in kick ass shape to win gold.
nothing like drinking beer and throwing scottish rocks across a frozen pond.Cheers

Yah, know.. thats exactly how it started out.  The first documented curling rocks brought to the united states are sitting at the bottom of a lake about 20 mins from my house.  Ice got a little thin one winter.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 22:43
They should have one called the "Outhouse Dash" A field of twenty fueled up on Mexican cuisine and three outhouses.......Smoking Bandit
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 23:02
...containing pickle buckets.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 23:04
Of course.... What else would it be? Down the Toilet

Cyborg
Teddy Bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 01:04
I don't think you should be knocking a sport you don't know anything about.  Just because it's not as popular in the U.S. as other countries and both American teams finished dead last in their pools and had no shot at a medal.  It was an olympic sport as far back as the 1920's.  Alot of the seriously dedicated teams are in the gym 6 days a week without a million dollar paycheck waiting for them at home.  But I understand people's ignorance, with the popularity of african handball(basketball) in the U.S. but in many other countries they couldn't give a rats ass about it.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 01:13
Why not? Others knock our sports. The Hell with them and their feelings on the subject. We are getting damned tired of having to walk a thin line, when no one else seems to feel the need.
Besides, how long was it before the Canadian Hockey fans were cussing the American team? We will talk all we want, we earned that right by taking the crap from others, when we should just open a case of whoop ass.

Cyborg
Teddy Bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 01:27
Haha, I'm sure not cussing the American team, I have 3 U.S. players in my olympic draft.  Its amazing how a goalie can make such a difference though.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 01:30
One good goalie is a huge advantage, even better when you have good wings as well.

Cyborg
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 07:18
Originally posted by Teddy Bear Teddy Bear wrote:

I don't think you should be knocking a sport you don't know anything about.  Just because it's not as popular in the U.S. as other countries and both American teams finished dead last in their pools and had no shot at a medal.  It was an olympic sport as far back as the 1920's.  Alot of the seriously dedicated teams are in the gym 6 days a week without a million dollar paycheck waiting for them at home.  But I understand people's ignorance, with the popularity of african handball(basketball) in the U.S. but in many other countries they couldn't give a rats ass about it.

I could give a rats ass if we won the gold or not, Fact is it still boring as hell,  What really does all that yelling at the rock acomplish its on ice, bastards gonna slide where you aim it, duh!  Sorry but its not that i dont' understand it, its that I do and its still like, WTF,   But to each his own if you like it more power to you, I don't, good thing about this is we can disagree and both go home happy.
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 07:20
We could add hooters girls as the curlers!  Now what do you think of the sport?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic