OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Buriss PEPR mount...any good???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buriss PEPR mount...any good???
    Posted: February/18/2010 at 18:15
I'm looking to mount my optic and I was wondering how good is the Burris PEPR mount??  
venatic View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2010 at 20:04
I have heard only good things about them in fact they are hard to get right now.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2010 at 20:08
I love mine.
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2010 at 21:09
Just received the 30mm mount I ordered from here today, and I must say extremely pleased with it so far.  I have had Burris xtreme tactical rings before, and these are built with similar quality.  Mount is great, put this on my Stag Varminter, and thinking of getting one now for my Bushmaster Varminter.

Definite buy on this one.  It is slightly higher then I would like, but was expected to be that way.  Very solid.
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
Oreo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oreo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 02:45
I love mine. Excellent quality.
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 05:39

Wait a few weeks and see if SWFA'S  S.A.L.T. comes back out, it is pretty much the same mount but less $$$. It is supposed to be back some time this month, and buying from the sponsor helps this site. 

froggy
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 06:26
Originally posted by rjtfroggy rjtfroggy wrote:

Wait a few weeks and see if SWFA'S  S.A.L.T. comes back out, it is pretty much the same mount but less $$$. It is supposed to be back some time this month, and buying from the sponsor helps this site. 
 I never seen the salt, Ill take your advice and wait
thanks

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 07:20
Where did you hear it would be this month for the SSALT?
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 07:47
 When they first took them off the web site ther were a few questions and Chris said something about February or March. Search it it should show up.
froggy
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 07:54
Yeah i remember the thread now.  Chris did say by Feb.  We shall see.
okc4956 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okc4956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 14:52
Hope the SSALT shows up soon. I need one of those and that looks like it would be a good one, especially if it will accomodate 30mm or 1" scopes with one mount. That is the only thing I don't like about the Burris. It's scope specific as well as rifle specific, but that said, I've only heard good things about it.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 14:56
As long as you dont' play musical scopes its good.  if you do just buy the extra mount so you have one with both sizes then you can leave the optic mounted and should go back to zero fairly easy and accurately
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 22:37
I was playing musical scopes tonight.....

Made me wish I had another Burris PEPR for my other AR Varminter....seems so crappy without one when you have one with it next to it.

That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 22:55
Love the PEPR....if I could change anything it would be to bring it down about a quarter of an inch, but at 1 inch it is not bad and easy to get to know.  Would like to know more about the SSALT, is it anexact copy of the PEPR?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic