OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon or Bushnell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltwater_therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon or Bushnell
    Posted: February/15/2010 at 22:49
Which scope is better ?

Nikon Team Primos 3-9x40

Bushnell 3200 elite 3-9x40

pass-thru View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pass-thru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2010 at 23:04
The Nikon has better glass, the bushnell has rainguard, which although nice, I would not want to sacrifice glass quality for it.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2010 at 07:57
Originally posted by pass-thru pass-thru wrote:

The Nikon has better glass, the bushnell has rainguard, which although nice, I would not want to sacrifice glass quality for it.

i would the difference isnt that great between them. rainguard works, a fogged up scope doesnt do you any good.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2010 at 07:58
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Originally posted by pass-thru pass-thru wrote:

i would the difference isnt that great between them. rainguard works, a fogged up scope doesnt do you any good.

Rainguard makes up for the difference in glass
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2010 at 08:43
if you cant see out of top shelf glass what good is it? i have a primos and a 4200 both in 3x9, and last fall we had a little warm up during deer season, the day it didnt rain of course i had the 4200 with me and the day it did rain i had the primos. if i would have seen a deer i wouldnt have been able to shoot at it cause i wouldnt be able to see out of the scope. now, if you were to buy a set of butler creek scope covers or something this would be a moot discussion. the primos is better optically than the 3200, im just really impressed with rainguard. i wish zeiss would put their version of rainguard on conquest scopes. as of now they only use "loutec" on the top end scopes.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2010 at 08:53
A lot of folks consider the Primos to be the best bang-for-your-buck deal going.
take em!
bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2010 at 08:59
Cold weather and the classic breath on the ocular especially when right about to mount the rifle is where I thought "rain"guard would be most useful.  Just my 2 cents I never have used Bushnell's rainguard.... 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2010 at 09:01
its hard enough to fog the lens to try and clean them the stuff works so well
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2010 at 09:06
Like you say Pyro, lotutec on a conquest would be worth a little more money down.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2010 at 09:19
it would be one of the best scopes under $1000 if they did it.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Fighterpilot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fighterpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2010 at 20:56
I sell both scopes at a local retail store. I am partial to the Bushnell 3200 Elite. The glass is excellent and the rainguard allows the scope to be used in any envionment. I personally own 3. One firefly, one heavy duplex, and one duplex on a Browning BLR 7mm-08, a Browning A bolt Medallion .270 win., and a Ruger Mk II 270 wsm respectively. All have performed flawlessly over the past 4 years.
So many guns, so little time.
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2010 at 20:59
I've looked through both and the team primos seemed clearer to me.  It's just a matter of getting used to that bdc reticle.
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 20:39
Pony up another $50 and get a 4200 Elite 3x9 -- get the glass and Rainguard--  well worth it
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2010 at 03:47
Wait for two more months, save a bit, and buy Elite 4200 or 6500.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic