OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

STILLER ACTIONS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STILLER ACTIONS
    Posted: February/14/2010 at 11:10
Anyone ever used a Stiller action before? 
I am taking my tax return this year and building me a 7mm Magnum rifle for hunting.  I have the stock cut and was going to use a remington action from a canabalized (spelling) rifle but I found the Stiller actions are suppose to be Remington drop ins and would already be blued printed and basically a better action than the Remington...
I just wondered if they truely are drop in and would fit into my already cut stock...
I have a call into them but I wondered if anyone had info already...
Thanks for the help!  Bandito

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 15:39
Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

Anyone ever used a Stiller action before? 
I am taking my tax return this year and building me a 7mm Magnum rifle for hunting.  I have the stock cut and was going to use a remington action from a canabalized (spelling) rifle but I found the Stiller actions are suppose to be Remington drop ins and would already be blued printed and basically a better action than the Remington...
I just wondered if they truely are drop in and would fit into my already cut stock...
I have a call into them but I wondered if anyone had info already...
Thanks for the help!  Bandito

PM RifleDude..... he suggested the Predator action (rem 700 action) to me.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 15:54
Their shop is in Wylie.  They make great actions!  I have one on a rifle I've posted pics of here in the past.

The Predator is indeed a Remington 700 drop-in replacement.  It accepts any trigger assy designed for the M700, all M700 magazine boxes as well as the Wyatts extended boxes, and it drops into any stock designed for the M700.  It is made to tighter tolerances than the M700.  It uses 2 Rem 700 front bases for the mount bases (no step down at the top rear of the action like the 700, in other words).  It's made of quality materials, the bolt is fluted, and its bolt release is on the side of the action, rather than mimicking the pivoting blade on the bottom of the action like the 700.

What else would you like to know?

BTW, they also make nice AR lowers as well.

Edited by RifleDude - February/14/2010 at 15:55
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 16:42
What degree bolt lift is the predator ? I may go this route down the road also.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 17:51
It's a 90-deg bolt lift action, same as most 2 lug bolt actions.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 20:04
Man I have a lot to learn! Is that why the 60* bolt guns I have seen have 3 lugs ?? Sorry.........just so much I don't know ?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 20:14
Yep, you're correct.
Ted

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 20:42
Wait...you got money back when you filed your taxes?       Sad Pacer
If you call your shotgun a "shottie"....what do you call your pistol?
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 21:43
Thanks for the info... I am calling them in the morning, I hope they are open. 

Yes, it doesnt happen offten but, this year, I did get money back...  Bandito

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 21:46
The shop is right behind Jerry Stiller's house, so he's there quite a bit.
Ted

Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2010 at 21:27
Yup, talked to him today.  Gonna order and head up there to pick the action up when it's built....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic