OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA SNOWED UNDER....literaly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 12:52
Global warming.  Last year the fruit bats said that the reason DC and parts of Virginia that used to get snow and had ski runs and didn't now was because of global warming.  This year when they get a "snowpocalypse" it is because of global warming.  Spaghetti theory.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 13:15
Everything runs in cycles including the weather.  Some of our hottest records on file are prior to the industrial revolution.

I saw something briefly on The Discovery Channel about the magnetic poles flipping and that is happening right now but takes many many years to complete.   It happens every so many thousands of years and when it does huge weather changes accompany it.
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 13:23
To the rescue!
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 13:27
I remember the first snow up on Mt Rainier this year( im stationed in washington besides iraq, but i'm from texas) and i think it got almost 10 feet of snow in two days. Texas isnt supposed to get snow.Shocked

Edited by LRSMike - February/12/2010 at 13:28
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 15:06
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Everything runs in cycles including the weather.  Some of our hottest records on file are prior to the industrial revolution.

I saw something briefly on The Discovery Channel about the magnetic poles flipping and that is happening right now but takes many many years to complete.   It happens every so many thousands of years and when it does huge weather changes accompany it.

you sure that wasn't that show "2012" that you were watching?Wink
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
M7025-06 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M7025-06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 15:30

The weather better shape up down there.  I'm going hog hunting south of Dallas in less than 2 weeks.  Global warming my a**.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 16:18
Here is what it looked like on my way to the warehouse.

Without four wheel drive you could not make it in the parking lot, well actually you could make in the parking lot but you could not make it out.

Ask Brady he knows all about it.  Bandito

Only four people made it so we were not able to turn the phones on we were just able to answer e-mails and get out the on line orders.  UPS did not start running until 2:00 and nothing usually stops those guys.

I used a new snow dispersal method to make it easier for Brady to get out of the parking lot....worked pretty good.

Edited by Chris Farris - February/12/2010 at 16:26
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 16:20
Vato CF2's truck would not even make it out of the garage.  lol

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 16:22
Excellent
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 16:37
damn chris looks like a scene from up here.

were you whippin sh*tty's  with the excursion in north lot #2??Laugh
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 16:45
Pure fun right there.  Abbie, my 3 year old, request that I cut cookies in parking lots.  She loves it.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 16:50
Looks like yall had fun Chris!
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 16:57
damn  looks like i could be waiting a while to ordering  my SS x10
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 17:01
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Pure fun right there.  Abbie, my 3 year old, request that I cut cookies in parking lots.  She loves it.

if you wanna see my wife get pissed right now and the kids laugh and saying wee turn me loose in the church parking lot in 2wd!!

my dad encouraged it when i was in high school, he said there is no better way to learn how to handle a spin out then to do it for real. i figured out how to drift with a 74 nova in one winter!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 17:04
Originally posted by hunterwingler hunterwingler wrote:

damn  looks like i could be waiting a while to ordering  my SS x10

Read more they made it to the place and got the line orders out.  They will get it out as long as you get the order in, not a valid excuess now huh?
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 17:11
nope but i still have few days b4 the taxes come in so yeah.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 17:18
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

damn chris looks like a scene from up here.

were you whippin sh*tty's  with the excursion in north lot #2??Laugh

We just call them donuts down here and you should be in the Excursion when its going around, that thing weighs over 8,000 pounds....its like doing donuts in a school bus.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 17:19
Donuts with a school bus,        MONSTER GARAGE idea
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 17:20
i can imagine, i bet it was fun as hell regardless

ive done them once or twice in my dump truck while hauling snow. it weighs 21000 pounds empty, that is scary they are pretty top heavy, you  wanna be going pretty slow.a school bus would suck they are so long

Shocked

Edited by pyro6999 - February/12/2010 at 17:24
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 17:25
Try to take a front wheel drive car and cut donuts in reverse, adds a whole new level of fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic