OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Handgun Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

looking at Burris...........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking at Burris...........
    Posted: February/11/2010 at 16:54
I've got 2 babies that need glass and Im looking into the burris 3-12x32 w/B Plex and E dot. Im also looking at the Fast Fire too. One will go on a Encore 243 pistol and the other will go on a S&W 629. I just wanted to ask the pros what they thought of my selection . Im wanting good glass without having to worry about something falling apart in the time of need. Thx for your input.
A Squires II
Tulie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 18:10
I've got a burris 3-12 on a contender and it is a super good setup.  I went with a Leupold 2X on a Blackhawk initially and then to a 4x but the 2x is probably better for finding the target quicker and easier.  I've also got another burris a 10x on another contender and it works okay, kinda tough to line up quickly but after a bit of practice it isn't too bad.
asquires2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 19:17
Ive looked through a Leupy on 6 and didnt like it but I found 4 or less to be ok . The reason Im looking at the 3-12 is it offers the E dot and B plex. Im tryin to get my ducks in a row before I make a decission to sell my Leup VX3.
A Squires II
asquires2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 19:54
Originally posted by asquires2 asquires2 wrote:

Ive looked through a Leupy on 6 and didnt like it but I found 4 or less to be ok . The reason Im looking at the 3-12 is it offers the E dot and B plex. Im tryin to get my ducks in a row before I make a decission to sell my Leup VX3.
What do you guys think about the Nikon handgun scope?
A Squires II
Tulie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 09:06
I had a low power Nikon and it was pretty decent.  It was an older one and had it on a 44 mag revolver for a while.  Got rid of it but it worked well.  I don't know about their other pistols scopes but their rifle scopes have take a good step forward.  On a side note, I had to deal with their customer service recently and they were very good.  That's a change from the past but I wouldn't hesitate to go to them for about anything now.
asquires2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 16:55
ok, I have a Leupy 4x on my Encore pistol now Im wanting to try a Reflex red dot on my 629. Ive looked at trijicon and Eotech. Both are pricey but Im wanting something thats gonna be there. Rite now I have a Barska on it , it looks nice but Im not sure if it will hold up to the recoil, I havent shot it yet. So could you guys point me in the right direction?
A Squires II
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 18:39
I had the Burris 3-12 x 32 with balistic plex and was extremely unhappy wiht it. I use an Encore with 45-70 barrel and have had several others but no light recoil calibers.  Stick wiht the fixed power handgun scopes unless you are using really light recoiling calibers.  The 3-12 was ok up to about 6 or 7 power then eye relief became too short.  A balistic reticle is only accurate at the maximum magnification If I put that scope on 12x and focused on sandbags at about 10 or 12 inches eye relief max at that power it would have wound up in my face every shot.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2010 at 18:41
For red dots Aimpoint is my pick but I would also consider the Trijicon ones or EOTech nothing esle.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
ivanthehunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanthehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2010 at 16:08
I just got a 3-12x32mm handgun scope with ball plex and E-dot

Have to say its seem good so far but i read that there was trouble with reticule sh*t when using  hard hitting calibers. I'm only using it on 22lr so i have no such worries

AFAIK The above problem was solved by Burris by their introduction of their Posi-lock system but its only available on the models up to 7 times mag.

I have to say that the E dot is very good nd the variable rheostat control gives an excellent range of illumination IMO

Atb Ivan from Ireland
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic