OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Millet LRS................

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Millet LRS................
    Posted: February/11/2010 at 16:42
Im a long time reader and a first time posterYippee. I've been peeping at this site for quite sometime and I have to give it to you fellas, You guys have answers to just about everything. My question is , I have a Remmy 700 243 Im wanting to jazz up a bit. Im putting a Bell Carlson stock on her and I want to put millet LRS scope on her too but Im needing some info on the scope. I was told it was rated for a 50BMG , good glass and reliable. Ive seen one in person but wasnt able to put it through its paces. Could you guys let me in on what you know about this scope, thx for your help.
A Squires II
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 17:18
u might want to go read this thread http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=21833   

Edited by hunterwingler - February/11/2010 at 17:19
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
asquires2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 19:22
Yeah I've found that depends on who you ask as to what answer you get but for the post part the Millet isnt tipping the scale. As much as I like the looks and features and the price somethings telling me to turn away, any suggestions?
A Squires II
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 19:30
Originally posted by asquires2 asquires2 wrote:

Yeah I've found that depends on who you ask as to what answer you get but for the post part the Millet isnt tipping the scale. As much as I like the looks and features and the price somethings telling me to turn away, any suggestions?

I'd say trust you gut. Look your not going on the cheap with the stock, why do it with the scope?
Ask yourself what are you going to do with this rifle? Sounds like you want to shoot matches and maybe hunt with it right? Buy the best glass you can afford and then replace the stock.

IMHO!

Edited by Steelbenz - February/11/2010 at 19:31
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 19:37
+1
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

asquires2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 19:49
The gun will be my varmit /toy and I'd like to get it out to atleast 500yrds on a good day . So my next question is what would you recomend, Im thinking in the $500 range something I can pull from my dirty sock and the wifey wont know about .
A Squires II
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 20:07

The gun will be my varmit /toy and I'd like to get it out to atleast 500yrds on a good day . So my next question is what would you recomend, Im thinking in the $500 range something I can pull from my dirty sock and the wifey wont know about .

That is very dangerous!!!

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P41044.aspx

or
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P500.aspx

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
asquires2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 20:26
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

That is very dangerous!!!

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P41044.aspx

or
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P500.aspx

Im liking the 10x42, keep them coming!

A Squires II
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 20:30
any of the Super Snipers i'd say. i dont own but should have soon. (taxes got come in)

medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 20:34
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 21:01
i found this on samplelist.com
SPL11
Pentax 4-16x44 Lightseeker XL DEMO-B
 89619 Matte ballistic plex 1" tube
$0.00$479.95

SPL11
Bushnell 2.5-10x50 Elite 4200 DEMO-B
Click to view422105M Matte Multi-X reticle 1" tube ring marks
$0.00$399.95

SPL11
Burris 4-16x44 Signature Select Riflescope DEMO-C
Click to view200770 Matte Ballistic Plex 1" Posi-lock
$0.00$399.95

They must be updating their site... seems like much less than before.... but these are some decent scopes at great prices.

take em!
asquires2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asquires2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 21:42
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

i found this on samplelist.com
SPL11
Pentax 4-16x44 Lightseeker XL DEMO-B
  89619 Matte ballistic plex 1" tube
$0.00 $479.95

SPL11
Bushnell 2.5-10x50 Elite 4200 DEMO-B
Click to view 422105M Matte Multi-X reticle 1" tube ring marks
$0.00 $399.95

SPL11
Burris 4-16x44 Signature Select Riflescope DEMO-C
Click to view 200770 Matte Ballistic Plex 1" Posi-lock
$0.00 $399.95

They must be updating their site... seems like much less than before.... but these are some decent scopes at great prices.

Rite on but I think Im wanting to stay with the more tactical look
A Squires II
casd View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 21:54
I've used a few Millett scopes and have been pleased with them for the money but don't expect to get a Leoupold or Night Force when you open the box.. As for the scope holding up to the 50BMG, I would have to see it. Had a Buckgold that wouldn't hold 7mag, but that could have been the worn rings, we will know more when we get new rings.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic