OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What do you wish they made?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasPhotog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you wish they made?
    Posted: February/08/2010 at 14:32
Koshkin's "absolute keeper" question is a good one.  Since we're opening cans of worms, I'll open another: what do you wish optics makers made?

I'll start:  I wish Leupold would put the VX3 glass in the 6x36 VXII but keep the dots reticle; either that or I wish Zeiss would make a 6x Conquest with a truly simple ballistic reticle.
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 14:44
A "good" 3-12x50 w/1 inch tube, gloss and matte finish available, 30'+ FoV @ low power, side or no focus for under $500. 
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
greywolf View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 15:42
Super Sniper 4-16
JimFromTN View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimFromTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 15:45
Nikon monarch 1.5-6x42
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 15:46

Scope worth of my Red Ryder BB Gun that wouldn't cause me to shoot my eye out

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 15:49
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pass-thru View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pass-thru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 15:54
Bushnell 4200 2.5-10X42 with ML reticle
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 15:54
I wish they made zooming, auto-focus scopes like they have in all the Hollywood sniper movies, ones that never miss.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 16:01
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

I wish they made zooming, auto-focus scopes like they have in all the Hollywood sniper movies, ones that never miss.

Attached to rifles that take down in 4 places and always perfectly return to zero after reassembly!

I'd be happy if all the mfgs who offer hydrophobic coatings on some of their optics would offer them on all optics they supply.  I once thought they were not that big a deal, until I used these coatings in wet and cold weather.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 16:03
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Attached to rifles that take down in 4 places and always perfectly return to zero after reassembly!

I'd be happy if all the mfgs who offer hydrophobic coatings on some of their optics would offer them on all optics they supply.  I once thought they were not that big a deal, until I used these coatings in wet and cold weather.

i agree 100% after last fall i got rained on with a monarch and was cussing it for being difficult to see out of. the 4200 wouldnt have had an issue, i wish zeiss would apply loutec to the conquests no doubt.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 18:13
I wish they made more 32 mm scopes......preferably one or two that went up to 6X....

.....and for those old timey rifles with the pesky buckhorn sights that stick up right smack in the way of the objective bell; a scope with a maintube of at least 6 1/2 inches.....so that we could mount a scope on those old guns without having to pull off the old sights...or be forced to mount the damn thing way up in the air even with a 4X scope.... 

It'll never happen........
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
jason miller View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 18:21
I think the Elite 4200 3-9x40 would be perfect for me with another half inch of eye relief.

Also, a nice 4-12, 4.5-14 or 4-16x40 with side focus but on a (low) budget for a 17hmr would be nice.  I know there are some nice scopes out there in this mag range, but they're all either more money than I want to spend on that rifle, or I don't trust them.

cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 18:31
Zeiss Diavari 4-18x44 Lotutec ,ZRF/or plex reticle with Target turrets( I could swap out for Kenton Industries) and side focus. Maybe 4" eye relief and weigh less than 18oz !

Or possibly just the Leica ER 3.5-14X42 with a ballistic turret would get r done......it's got the hydrophobic coatings and good eye relief !!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 21:42
for starters... a Leupold 3-12X32AO (could even be 36) to put on a .17HMR that has decent glass(not VX3) and only cost about $120.00.  And a 4x or 3-9 X 28 or 32 Rimfire Leupold for my Browning Semi-auto 22 for $100.00.  Those little leupy's just look good!  
take em!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 22:04
Originally posted by jason miller jason miller wrote:

I think the Elite 4200 3-9x40 would be perfect for me with another half inch of eye relief.

Also, a nice 4-12, 4.5-14 or 4-16x40 with side focus but on a (low) budget for a 17hmr would be nice.  I know there are some nice scopes out there in this mag range, but they're all either more money than I want to spend on that rifle, or I don't trust them.

thats my only beef with the 4200 as well, although i survived with it on my .375H&H for a season.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2010 at 11:45
A 1-100X150 scope with gravitic energy lenses and an integrated molycirc computer, which compensates for every conceivable ballistic variable and ensures a solid first shot hit out to 3.000 meters.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2010 at 11:54
Unicorns.  Daughter wants one.  Princess phase.

and a 3x15x42 SS FFP Mil/Mil.

Edited by SD Dog - February/09/2010 at 11:57
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2010 at 21:57
2.5-10x40 1" tube conquest at about 12" or so length, lotutec would be nice also.  Keep the 4" constant eye relief. 

Edited by bagderRed - February/10/2010 at 06:39
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2010 at 22:14
I wish Bushnell would make a 2-8x36 4200 with close to 4 inches of ER. Add a boldish reticle to that.
jason miller View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2010 at 22:41
^That sounds nice, especially if it at/below the price of the current 3-9x40.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic