OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles CL vs Swavorski American Hunter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308LAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles CL vs Swavorski American Hunter
    Posted: September/02/2005 at 10:54
Which is a better value the Kahles CL series or the Swavorski American Hunter? Are they the same glass? Which would have better resale?
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2005 at 22:16

I think if you get the multi-range CL you would really have something.  If you hunt somewhere that requires long range shooting.  I am sure the Glass is probably out of the same factory, I don't know about the coatings.  The Swaro would probably have better resale due to the fact that a lot of people have never even heard of Kahles.  It has only been the last few years that they have done any real advertising. 

ranburr

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2005 at 07:44
As usual I think ranburr is dead on the money. Both great scopes, but a lot of people have never heard of them. I asked a local shop salesman a few VERY basic questions and he looked at me as if  my dialect was Latin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic