OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I appreciate John Barness for being here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308WIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I appreciate John Barness for being here
    Posted: February/05/2010 at 13:43
John,

You are a great resource and always willing to help and answer questions. Thank you for your input here!ExcellentExcellentBig GrinYippee
ExcellentExcellentExcellent
skywalker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 13:56
I have a q.  Does John have a webpage or blog of some sort where we can read reviews?  I am interested in his take on the new Minox riflescopes, if he has had a chance to look at one.  Always enjoy his contributions!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 14:03
send him a pm he will tell you
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
skywalker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 15:22
Can't inbox is full...........
huntingaddict View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntingaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 15:33
I agree, appreciate his insight very much. 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 15:47
This is Johns website.  http://www.riflesandrecipes.com/
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 21:19
I just cleared out some messages from my PM box. Didn't realize it was getting so full!

Thanks for the thanks I am always willing to anwer any question I can (and willingly admit there are some I can't!).

You can indeed always reach me through the website if my inbox gets full here.

My wife Eileen runs the website and gets any questions to me quickly. By the way, she also knows quite a bit about optics, and can help with many questions. She wrote the optics column for the NRA women's magazine when it was around, and is particularly knowledgeable about the fit of women's hunting rifles AND scopes.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 21:21
What happened to the NRA women's mag??  Seems like there are more women in shooting sports, etc than ever, it should do well...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 22:12
Yeah, that's what many of us thought, too.

One of the problems was that the NRA never could decide what the magazine was going to be. At first it had a lot of models holding firearms that the models had obviously never fired. Then they tried articles about "average" women going hunting and learning to shoot. At the end they were going to go totally "tactical," as in self-defense firearms, but canned the magazine before it really got there.

One basic rule of magazine publishing is that you have to know your audience. The NRA never really did. The women are still there, though.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 22:24
Yep, one of the rules of "The Art of War"...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic