OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 199.00$ Nikon Team Primos... anything better ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

199.00$ Nikon Team Primos... anything better ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerseySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 199.00$ Nikon Team Primos... anything better ???
    Posted: February/05/2010 at 10:43
I own one of these ..very nice scope...
Need another scope for my 30-06
Anything Better for the 200.00????
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 10:45
probably not @$200 ive got one too, im not a big fan of the bdc, but its still a nice scope for the money
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 10:58
I agree, If your pleased with your current Primo's I see no reason not to buy another.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 11:28
So how would the Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 compare @ $189 ??? Thinking about something like this for my slug gun.......Gotta put the Conquest 2.5-8x32 back on my 6mm !
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 11:42
the diamondback competes with the buckmaster, to get to a primos level you need to buy a vortex viper which is a nice scope too.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 12:27

@$200?   Nope

Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
JerseySlayer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerseySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 16:59
How about a Bushnell  4200...    239.00??
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 17:01
not from swfa
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
2 Samuel 22 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Samuel 22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 17:34
According to SWFA's 2009 Scope Scale, the Bushnell 4200 is in the same tier as the  Leupold VX-3, Nikon Monarch & Monarch X, and Zeiss Conquest:
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16515

Keep in mind that SWFA has their 110% Low Price Guarantee and will price match most other retailers.  They are known for their outstanding customer service and are the hosts of this fine Forum.  Price Match details are here:
http://swfa.com/About.aspx#lowprice
Semper Paratus - Semper Fidelis - Semper Vigilans
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 17:36
Originally posted by 2 Samuel 22 2 Samuel 22 wrote:

According to SWFA's 2009 Scope Scale, the Bushnell 4200 is in the same tier as the  Leupold VX-3, Nikon Monarch & Monarch X, and Zeiss Conquest:
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16515

Keep in mind that SWFA has their 110% Low Price Guarantee and will price match most other retailers.  They are known for their outstanding customer service and are the hosts of this fine Forum.  Price Match details are here:
http://swfa.com/About.aspx#lowprice

that has rules too though just as a reminder.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
2 Samuel 22 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Samuel 22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 17:48
Yes, I found that one out for myself but still a viable option depending on where the $239 price is coming from.
Semper Paratus - Semper Fidelis - Semper Vigilans
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 18:02
no doubt
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerseySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 18:06
It was ebay....
- I was just looking for low street price
.... The lower eye relief and pyro's opinion of the optics being equal..have kinda put the kabosh on bushnell
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 18:17
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

the diamondback competes with the buckmaster, to get to a primos level you need to buy a vortex viper which is a nice scope too.

You'd be surprised with how close the Diamondback is to the Primos (and better in some ways).

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 18:17
well now im not saying the primos is equal to the 4200 cause its not. i have both and i would take the 4200 out in the field long before i took the primos out. rainguard on the 4200 is a huge advantage.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerseySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 18:24

Ok-- I am admitedly a newbie--

whats the big deal with rain guard?? 

Ive never had an issue with my pentax or nikon
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 18:31
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

You'd be surprised with how close the Diamondback is to the Primos (and better in some ways).

ILya

i test drove the diamondback,i compared the diamondback to my buckmaster and to my team primos both the diamondback was a little better than the buckmaster, but its no match for the primos when it starts to get dark, and the eye relief isnt there either. imo
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 18:32
Originally posted by JerseySlayer JerseySlayer wrote:

Ok-- I am admitedly a newbie--

whats the big deal with rain guard?? 

Ive never had an issue with my pentax or nikon

if you hunt where it rains or snows or gets cold your pentax and nikons will suffer. i had my primos in the woods with me last fall one day and it rained and then turned to snow. it stayed home after that and the 4200 stayed with me the rest of the season.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 19:55
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

ILya, I got my son a 4-12X40 Diamondback for his 22-250.  Main reason was the price and the fact it did NOT have AO/side focus - wanted to keep it simple.  I was not that impressed with this scope.  I didn't really think it was as good as my Buckmaster or Redfield "Golden 5 Star" both in 3-9X40.  My son likes the scope and it's still on his rifle.  I can't really remember what exactly I didn't like about it, but something to do with looking thru it.

I don't have a Primos, but was under the impression it was of higher quality than the Buckmaster in terms of having a clearer and brighter picture!  Curious in how you thought it was better in some ways.  Features maybe?
take em!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 20:01
I am not familiar with non-AO version of 4-12x40 Diamondback, so I can't talk about that one too much.  

I am VERY impressed with the 3-9x40 Diamondback I have, and I liked the 4-12x40AO Diamondback as well although I do not have nearly the same amount of time with it as I do with the 3-9x40.

As for the advantages, the biggest is Field of View.  Diamondback 3-9x40 has among the widest FOVs of any scope with this configuration.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic