OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Winchester Brass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 17:08
talk to dogger he has a son or a son in law in new zealand

speaking of craig he hasnt been on here for almost a week??

Edited by pyro6999 - February/08/2010 at 17:15
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 19:21
Where are you guys coming up with $159 US dollars from 267 New Zealand dollars?
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 19:36
Less the 12.5 % taxes it says at the top of the page and today's exchange rate. The page says all moneies are in NZD unless noted.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 19:44
I missed the exchange rate thing. Would love to know what the TYD price would be from New Zealand

Edited by Roy Finn - February/08/2010 at 19:45
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 19:46
wonder what shipping would be?
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 19:49
That's what I meant by TYD. To Your Door
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 19:55
We need to get hold of doggers connection down there.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 19:58
Maybe I will try to contact the store tomorrow and find out the price.  If i were to order maybe we could get a large order for it together and save some, anyone interested?
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2010 at 21:43
You are talkin 300 win mag right. If so. I am.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2010 at 18:56
Ok so finally got someone there to talk to me.  The price you see is what you get regaurdless of number ordered.  So that 100 pieces for 159.11 plus shipping which he quoted me at around 25USD so add that and you have about 185 for 100 pieces of brass in 300 win mag thats  1.85 a piece  The shipping would be the same though so the more on board the price goes down  so for 2 bags its about 320 + 25 shipping making it 345 which is 1.725 a piece.  I am not sure it would be worth more than Norma or Nosler in the long run.. Nosler I can get for 1.38 a piece and Norma for 1.52 a piece So your talking substatial difference when you think of it that way.
Has anyone tried lapua 300 win mag brass that can say for sure it is better?  Question
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2010 at 20:01
Originally posted by yellowdog yellowdog wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

One Word..............   LAPUA

WORD!!  Thunbs Up

You buy'n?  I need about 4 bags of each.  Wow Mark your the best!!!  Yippee

Anything for you, Dog! Big Grin
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2010 at 22:03
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Ok so finally got someone there to talk to me.  The price you see is what you get regaurdless of number ordered.  So that 100 pieces for 159.11 plus shipping which he quoted me at around 25USD so add that and you have about 185 for 100 pieces of brass in 300 win mag thats  1.85 a piece  The shipping would be the same though so the more on board the price goes down  so for 2 bags its about 320 + 25 shipping making it 345 which is 1.725 a piece.  I am not sure it would be worth more than Norma or Nosler in the long run.. Nosler I can get for 1.38 a piece and Norma for 1.52 a piece So your talking substatial difference when you think of it that way.
Has anyone tried lapua 300 win mag brass that can say for sure it is better?  Question

Real steep! But if it were established that they may last 4 or 5 to one of anything else I could see gettin 100. It would be hard to justify if they are only slightly better.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2010 at 22:07
They say Lapua can be reloaded a min. of 10 times but with a mag like the 300 I dont' know.  Any user of 300 win mag lapua brass please chime in.  I dont' know how many the others get I have just started reloading for it.
Texas View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 10:59
I am using Lapua brass in my 300 WinMag now. The good: 20 cases have gone through three loading cycles so far and I can see no strain on the brass, primer pockets still tight and it still chambers fine after neck sizing only i.e. no bulge in front of the belt. This is with a load of 75.0 gr RL22 and 180 gr. Nosler Accubonds with 215M primers. The flash holes are perfect, no deburr needed, and the primer pockets were about perfect when new as there was very little clean-up with my Sinclair cutter. After initial case prep (trim/chamfer/deburr/pockets/flashholes), 40 of the cases were within 0.2 grains weight uniformity. The neck wall thickness is extremely uniform, I see less than 0.001" variation case to case with an indicator that indicates to 0.0005". I have not measured case body wall thickness.

The bad news: I don't think this brass was ever trimmed by Lapua. I ended up trimming the 40 cases I selected to start load development with before I ever fired a shot because the mouths were out of parallel with the heads. No big deal, just took a bit of time. Point is the brass was not ready to load out of the box.

The $185.00 price is about what I paid for it delivered from the US source two years ago, it is not a bad price.

Hope that helps,

Texas
"There are some things which cannot be learned quickly and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are the very simplest things..." Ernest Hemingway
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 11:02

Thanks Texas. 

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 12:18
Graham,

I am sorry but Lapua does not produce the .300 Win mag brass anymore.

Best regards,

Jeannie Bolda
Product Manager
Kaltron Outdoors
Vihtavuori, Lapua, B & P Shells and MSA/Sordin Ear Muffs
Hengye USA Adsorbents
Cell:  815-505-4104

Subject: Enquiry from Vihtavuori-Lapua.com

I have noticed that several overseas dealers have 300 win mag Lapua Brass. Is it possible to special order it from you?

Thanks

---------
Me trying to find it stateside didn't work

Edited by SVT_Tactical - February/12/2010 at 12:19
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 12:19
Thumbs Down
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 12:44
I've sent that email myself probably 10 times hoping they would get the message. Last box of 100 I bought I got from Bruno's and recall paying about $125 which was about 8 years ago.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 13:21
Somebody better Jump on that New Zealand 100 quick or you might be saying shoulda coulda woulda!

Edited by Steelbenz - February/12/2010 at 16:14
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 14:25
I am still debating it I may
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic