OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles glass quality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2010 at 22:53
In terms of optical quality, Kahles is as good as anything else out there.  Their newest scopes, K312 and K418 are quite remarkable.

ILya
YakAk View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakAk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2010 at 00:18
Anyone know where and when Kahles will be available?

Steve
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2010 at 00:32
Kahles...Kahles...Kahles...Hensoldttpft...
No one
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2010 at 10:38
Havae to agree on the quality of Kahles.  I have quite a few as well and they are as good as my Swarovskis.  They are a tough scope as well.  Good bang for the buck on the ones you can find for a deal...
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2010 at 15:31
My opinion is that Kahles is really good, but not as good as Swarovski and Ziess. But I never saw any Conquest because they are not sold in EU. Zeiss starts here with Classic Diavari at about 1500€-1700€ (2100$-2500$) and you normally get what you paid for. Swarovski is mostly sold only as Z3, Z5 and Z6 series and also more expensive as Kahles and better.

You can buy the cheapest Kahles for 1000€ (1400$) and is good for the price, but not is the same league as Z6 or Victory Diavari.  KX series are not sold here.

My general conclusion would be, that Kahles is good for the price but not as good as market leaders.  
smithrjd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithrjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2010 at 16:20
I just bought my first Kahles, and must say that I am impressed with its glass. To my eyes better than my Zeiss Conquest. Not by a whole lot but you can see it in low light just a lot more crisper if that makes sense. Considered the Vortex line but wanted a 4a reticle and Vortex does not have that. Its a CL 2X7X36, compact and lite weight, putting on a Tikka T3 in 338 Federal.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2010 at 21:57
I was a very lucky guy to get my 2-7 Kahles CL as one of Koshkin's discards. It now sits on my .17HMR. Now just to find another one.
    Comparing the 3-10X50 CL side by side with a 3-9X50 Conquest, there is little difference during the day. But, when it gets dark the Kahles has a lot more contrast and is clearly ahead in defining what you can see.. This is not to meant slight the Conquest in any way. The Conquest is also excellent in very low light.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic