OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Looking for old how to link

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for old how to link
    Posted: January/31/2010 at 11:26
Im putting on a new mount today and wanted to find a how to by Chris but I cant find it.
Only reason I really wanted to take  a gander at it too see if he recommended alcohol or acitone to get the screw threads clean.Plus it might be nice to print off,I thought it was a sticky but I cant find it.It was the old q tips and blue loctite method but still a helpful reminder on tourqe and what not.
1984 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2010 at 12:23
Im going with the alcohol! On the threads to get the oil off,and beer while I do it!
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2010 at 16:14
Either one would do it, although acetone might be more effective. I can't think of anything that would come on the screw or mounts more than a little rust-preventative. Generally, mount screws are tightened to 15 in-lbs. If you don't have a torque wrench, using the L-shaped wrench that came with it, if you hold the short end and finger tighten as much as you can (with the SHORT end), you'll be close enough.
Reaction time is a factor...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic