OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Budget Night Hunting 22lr Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thwackkk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budget Night Hunting 22lr Scope
    Posted: January/26/2010 at 07:06
Hi all. Im in the market for a sub US$180 scope to go on top of my Krico Deluxe 22lr. The rifle will be almost totally dedicated to night work, illuminated with a Logun Gun Lamp (which is good to about 60m), and shooting subs which are good to about the same range....so...the scope i am looking for will be under 18oz and will be bright and clear at around 6x-9x magnification.

Here are my considerations:

Bushnell Banner D&D 4-12x40AO
Bushnell Banner D&D 6-18x50AO

Mueller 4.5-14x40 APV

Simmons 44Mag 4-12x44

Swift Premier 4-12x40 (Gloss)

Weaver 40/44 4-12x44 (Ballistic X)

Your opinions are much appreciated.
thwackkk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thwackkk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2010 at 07:23
PS. I realise all these are AOs, but ive chosen them for their 10yd-infinity parallex....if anyone has non AO suggestions that will allow me easy target acquisition and focus, between 10 and 70 yards, with no fiddling, id be happy to hear them!
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2010 at 06:34

By all means check out the Vortex Crossfire series:

http://swfa.com/Vortex-Crossfire-Rifle-Scopes-C1461.aspx

You will find  a couple of models that meet your criteria below your price point and several AO illuminated reticle models for just a few $ more. 

Vortex scopes have a great reputation around here for toughness and great optics/features for the price. I Have no personal experience with Crossfires, but others think a lot more of them than they do anything you've listed. Here's the Scope Scale:

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16515

"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic