OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Posi-Align inserts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yotimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Posi-Align inserts
    Posted: January/25/2010 at 12:25
Does anyone know if the Burris Posi-Align inserts can be used in the Burris steel Ruger rings, or in any other maker's scope rings? Thanks.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 12:32
They can only be used in the Signature line of the Burris rings. If you get the Weaver base for the Ruger, then you can use the Zee Signature rings on the Weaver bases.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 21:14
The one inch Burris rings are actually 30mm rings....the Posi-lign "whatevers"  tighten it up to one inch.....  so they would not work in Regular One Inch Rings..........
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2010 at 08:19

Burris Signature rings are not flat on the inside, but are hollowed out to make room for the Pos-Align inserts, which are somewhat donut shaped on the outside and flat in the center to mate with the scope. They have a ball- joint type movement within the rings.

If you need the Pos-Align inserts to correct sight alignment or gain altitude, the Pos- Aligns are definitely the way to go. To use the Zee rings, you'll probably have to get a Ruger/Weaver adaptor. I don't think Burris offers Ruger- style Signature rings, which is just one more way they've dropped the ball. I am a HUGE Burris fan, but they are like a great halfback with fumble-itis. They could win the Heisman, so to speak, if they'd shape up.

If you are just interested in the Pos-align inserts to keep from marring your scope, there are alternatives.  Brownells carries 30mm/1" inserts which could fit inside a pair of Ruger 30mm rings. Chris at SWFA might even sell them also, as I believe he uses them inside his Tac rings... speaking of SWFA rings...

if you decide to go with the Ruger/Weaver adaptors, SWFA carries some robust 30mm tactical rings w/ non-marring inserts to fit a 1"tube. note: I'm not sure if the crosspiece for the base is Weaver or Picatinny, nor do I know how well they maintain a tight grip on your scope. They look like the real hot setup if you want to keep from adding ring marks to your scope's finish, and they are a lot closer to hot- swap removable than the Signature Zee rings, which are a great idea- poorly executed. The Signature Zees mount to Weaver/Picatinny bases in an inappropriate manner, i.e. the ring's base- mount side piece is not removable, but instead must be bent with screwdriver (slotted, no less) pressure to snug up against the base. C'mon Burris!!!

To be fair, Burris' Double Dovetail Signature rings are about as close to perfect as you can get.

"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Yotimbo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yotimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2010 at 12:44
Thanks for the replies. Although I've been a fan of Ruger firearms for many years, mounting scopes has always been a bit of a headache. I wish they would go back to the original roundtop base, which basically was the Remington 700 mounting scheme.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic