OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Blow hard!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blow hard!
    Posted: January/25/2010 at 07:05
Well about 3am my window in my bedroom starts screaming at me quite loudly!
Scared the buhjeezus out of me, sat bolt upright from deep sleep.  Windows never done that before!  Of course I don't think it has had 50-70MPH gusts hitting it just right before either!  The screaming continued once about every 15-20 minutes.  Just often enough to assure that I wasn't getting back to sleep.  The was varying rain mixed with the high winds so I went around the house checking for ceiling leaks.  Didn't find any thank goodness!  I am sure I lost some shingles though.

Drive into work was actually worst than the big snow we just had.  lots of downed trees, limbs and power lines.  Gusts were strong enough to caUse you to loose control of your car so everybody was going SSSSSLLLLOOOWWW, myself included!  Weather alert is in effect till 10:30am today.

Drive  carefully everybody and stay safe!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 07:09
Yikes, you had me on this one.  I thought, oh know.. that title and Buds the author... He messed up and posted to the wrong thread!  phewwwwww...
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 07:20
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

Yikes, you had me on this one.  I thought, oh know.. that title and Buds the author... He messed up and posted to the wrong thread!  phewwwwww...

Wink  I am still on the mend and walking softly! Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 08:12
Reminds me of driving around during the Hurricanes we get.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 08:43
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Reminds me of driving around during the Hurricanes we get.

Sounds about right.  Used to do that in Florida, Not too smart there!  By the time most Hurricanes reach NC they have lost a lot of their power.  Unless they happen to make landfall on NC coast. Shocked
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 08:54
Yeah we have been very fortunate the last few years not to have had one.  KNOCK ON WOOD
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2010 at 09:25

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Yeah we have been very fortunate the last few years not to have had one.  KNOCK ON WOOD
That's climate change for you. 
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 11:09
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

The screaming continued once about every 15-20 minutes.  Just often enough to assure that I wasn't getting back to sleep. 
That's pretty good old man! How many little blue pills did that take?

Sorry..........Couldn't help myself.Bucky

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic