OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Looking For Advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking For Advice
    Posted: January/24/2010 at 22:31
OK this one for all the shooter's and bullsh!ter, i'm more likely picking up a SS scope here soon. (taxes come in) i'm putting it on my savage10fp, i'll be putting a TPS XP Tactical 1 Piece Base 20moa on it  & the SWFA SS-Tac 30mm / 1" Rings. now whice ones should be the med/low mounts???? any advice???
Thanks
Jamie

Edited by hunterwingler - January/24/2010 at 22:33
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 13:34
ANYONE ????
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 13:51
Lows
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 14:27
+1
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 16:54
 Why the 20moa base the ss scope has enough adjustment to get you out to 1k.
 I have a 10fp with 2 piece burris base and the ss low rings works fine.
froggy
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 17:01
Why not?  If he decides to get a different scope in the future with less adjustment he might be real glad he got it.  Nothing wrong at all with having it and not needing it.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 17:17
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Why not?  If he decides to get a different scope in the future with less adjustment he might be real glad he got it.  Nothing wrong at all with having it and not needing it.  
That goes for many things in life!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 19:13
Originally posted by rjtfroggy rjtfroggy wrote:

Why the 20moa base the ss scope has enough adjustment to get you out to 1k.
 I have a 10fp with 2 piece burris base and the ss low rings works fine.
Why? Why Not???? dont like to be limited to how far i can shoot. besides not big fan of burris.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 19:14
i was think the lows but was sure on it. thats why i posted this thread

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 17:13
OK  i'm going back and forth on the one whice would be a better mount  TPS XP Tactical 1 Piece Base 20moa or EGW Picatinny Rail 1 Piece Scope Mount with the 20moa?????

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 17:19

Both are good bases and I doubt you would ever tell a difference in them.  One note is the TPS may not be in stock yet as some are newer items.  This may or may not be a deciding factor for you.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2010 at 19:29
it seems to be in stock

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 00:45

i think i'm going to go with  EGW Picatinny Rail 1 Piece Scope Mount, unless somebody can change my mind

Edited by hunterwingler - February/12/2010 at 01:03

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 02:04
Call them to check that it is in stock on whatever item you select. Sometimed Id rather select something else that is in stock rather than wait.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2010 at 05:27
( kinda like 2 AM in a Honky Tonk....)     Gal 
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 15:52
Originally posted by hunterwingler hunterwingler wrote:

OK  i'm going back and forth on the one whice would be a better mount  TPS XP Tactical 1 Piece Base 20moa or EGW Picatinny Rail 1 Piece Scope Mount with the 20moa?????
Which one looks cooler????  Wink

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2010 at 16:45
Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

Originally posted by hunterwingler hunterwingler wrote:

Which one looks cooler????  Wink
  They look about the same 2 me , hell know i dont even know if i'll be getting the set up just yet. old lady has 2 many honey do's she wants done 1st Loco.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2010 at 12:41
well it seems to me that I'll be going with the TPS XS Tactical 1 Piece Base for the rail & now got to find some rings to go with seeing they are out of the SWFA mounts i wanted. of course this all in due time so who knows what will be around when i get the founding saved up.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 20:00
OK redoing this one, what mounts & rings should i get. the rifle is a savage 10 & look @ a SS. want to try stay under $100 for the mounts & rings

neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2010 at 20:15

Don't own a savage, but if I did, I'd consider this.

http://swfa.com/TPS-XP-Tactical-1-Piece-Base-P42063.aspx

and these.

http:////swfa.com/Millett-Tactical-30mm-Rings-P11287.aspx

That should come in right around target budget.

Just my .02

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic