OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

S.H.O.T. show 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 08:20
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Misguided Federal Priorities?
So far the mainstream media has missed the underlying question here — namely: “Why did the FBI, at the behest of the U.S. Dept. of Justice, commit millions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of man-hours to trick American arms salesmen, when their alleged ‘crime’ may not be an FCPA violation at all, and when there are other far more important priorities — such as real terrorists?” The Red Alerts blog declared: “When dealing with third world nations corruption is part of the price of doing business. Everyone knows that but the government wasted the time of at least 250 FBI agents while real Muslim terrorists were sneaking underwear filled with binary explosives on airplanes.”

This is the part that gets me.

We see this type of stuff all the time in South Africa. The only time a drug bust happens is when the dealers forgot to pay the cops. Then they are given a little reminder in the form of a drug bust or two.
Maybe these guys forgot to make the monthly payment?
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 09:28
This has some positive things for regular gun owners.  FBI gets credit for doing their job, however dubious, instead of monitoring regular citizens, a group of people get put thru the mill that has nothing to do with the type of gun ownership/usage we talk about on this forum,press gets a story. Whats done with it will be the important issue. Such as stopping the media from implicating all gun shows as international arms dealers and blocking the example for food in current adminstration anti-gun agenda.

SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 09:40
RD, thanks for the synopsis.  Got to try to make it one of these years.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 10:53

"On Thursday, the FBI made another visit, picking up several foreign nationals and charging them with counterfeiting gun products.  It was done quietly, but the folks who saw the event say they were shaken at the sight of a "tiny little woman" being led from the floor in handcuffs.  This sting, however, didn't come as a surprise to officials.  The FBI was moving on information provided by the companies who complained their products were being knocked-off by importers."

--Jim Shepherd
Outdoor Wire
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 10:54
interesting turn of events
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 15:58
Wow and who said teh shotshow wasn't exciting?

Did anybody get a chance to review the
4200 6-24x50 Illuminated FFP mil-dot, 30mm
and if so what's it's price point?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 16:05
I did not get a chance to see the scope but it should be selling for around $800.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2010 at 17:59
Thanks Chris!   Any idea when you'll be getting any?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2010 at 07:48
They claim that they will be available within two months.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2010 at 09:23

VIDEOS FROM THE SHOW . . . NSSF has posted more than 20 videos from the 2010 SHOT Show on the show's official YouTube channel: youtube.com/nssfshotshow. There you'll find interviews with exhibitors, attendees, celebrities and members of the media, coverage of the annual State of the Industry Dinner, NSSF's 2009 annual report and a look at SHOT Show University.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2010 at 09:23
is there any cf sightings??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Jettubby View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jettubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2010 at 12:39
Was there on Wed and checked out most of the glass. I was impressed with the Vortex PST and the new Bushnell 4200 FFP scopes. Both were clear and very very nice.
akula88 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akula88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2010 at 16:54
Anybody has first impression on the new/revised 1-4 scope from MEOPTA?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2010 at 17:32
Originally posted by akula88 akula88 wrote:

Anybody has first impression on the new/revised 1-4 scope from MEOPTA?

Yes, I saw it.  Nice scope!  What would you like to know?

It's similar to the previous 1-4X24 with K-dot, except it's shorter, and the reticle has some chevrons for holdover underneath the dot instead of a bar as on the K-dot.  Glass looked at least as good as the previous model.  A buddy of mine with me said he thought the "eye box" was very eye position critical, but I didn't think it was too bad in that regard.

Edited by RifleDude - January/26/2010 at 17:33
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2010 at 18:50
Agustinmx View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agustinmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2010 at 13:24
I want to hear everything about the future swaro 10x riflescopes !!!! somebody told about a 2.5-25X Riflescope, A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!! 
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2010 at 13:40
Originally posted by Agustinmx Agustinmx wrote:

I want to hear everything about the future swaro 10x riflescopes !!!! somebody told about a 2.5-25X Riflescope, A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!! 

I have not heard about 10x erector Swaros, but March has a 2.5-25x42 scope which I hope to be able to review some time this spring.

ILya
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2010 at 18:12
You can bet your house that every high end mfg has a March and are reverse engineering them as fast as they can.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2010 at 19:54
I wonder how soon we will be seeing 8X - 10X erector scopes as the norm rather than the exception?  I wouldn't at all be surprised to see this happen within the next 5 years.  Expanded zoom is definitely one of the biggest trends in riflescopes today.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 02:31
I do not know how soon you will be seeing it, but I hope to see a loaner March scope fairly soon.  Now I just need to figure out what to compare it to.

Perhaps, I can borrow a Z6 from Chris.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic