OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Waste of Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waste of Weekend
    Posted: January/18/2010 at 08:18
Well this was a wasted weekend for football!

Ravens & Cowboys forgot to bring there Offense.
Down right Embarrassing for both teams.

Got to say though, it was almost fun waiting Favre.
Impressive performance for a 40 year old!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 08:33
I'm not a huge Vikings fan, but it is most intriguing watching Farve at 40 perform that well.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 08:44
Cowboys forgot to bring an offensive line, and no adjustments were made (i.e. screens and rollout pass plays) to counter the Vikings pass rush.  It's difficult to get your offense clicking when your quarterback is lying on the turf, getting sacked 6 times and running for his life throughout the game.  O-line is the foundation of a good offense.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 09:08
Well, on the reverse side...the Vikings played well. They finally brought their entire "D" for the first time in a long time though the secondary is still suspect. The running game is still not where it should be but hopefully it will by next week. To the Cowboys' fans out there, being a Viking fan for over forty years I can more than relate.

Watching Farve having fun out there... that's what football's all about.

Edited by mike650 - January/18/2010 at 09:11
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 09:31
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Well, on the reverse side...the Vikings played well.

No doubt; they did indeed!  New Orleans has their work cut out for them!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 09:34
Agree Ted, wish Dallas would have shown up.  Hope Brees and the Saints stick it to them.  Can't stand the Vikqueens.  Maybe it is their fans.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 09:38
I'm still mopping up my boys' tears from Saturday night ..Neither one has ever liked Flacco , and Saturday didn't help matters
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 09:42
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Maybe it is their fans.

Funny, I say the same about the Niner fans. Big Grin
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 13:05
Who is your team Mike?
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 22:04
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Who is your team Mike?

Sorry SD but it's the Vikes, been a fan since I was 9 years old back in the day when Joe Kapp was the qb. Lived through 4 Super Bowl losses, and a few NFC Championship heart breakers. I'm like Hunter, if I watch 'em they loose.

Baseball: I'm a fan of the twinkies too as well as the SF Giants.

I won't bore everyone about how I feel about the local Niner fans.
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 22:07
Twinks I can handle.  How did a CA boy end up a Viks fan, or are you a transplant?

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 22:26
PM sent. Big Smile
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 23:16
Ah ha.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2010 at 00:07
Big Grin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic