OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Lightweight 2x7 scope?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lightweight 2x7 scope?
    Posted: January/16/2010 at 04:11
Am looking for the lightest weight 2x7x32 quality big game scope I can find. What say you? Thanks...
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 04:22
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 05:06
Redfield 2-7x33 Revolution Rifle Scope

Here is the new Redfield 2X7 that is being built by Leupold.....only $129    Shocked

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 05:41
11,1 vs. 9,9 oz.

Wink
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 07:12
Well,...........yes!!      Big Smile

Roll on Floor Laughing

( leave one cartridge out of the magazine!!! )    Laugh
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 08:17
What is the scope going on ? caliber ? why the "lightest" ..willing to give up optical clarity for weight?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 08:37
Besides the weight "problem".........GaryO wants the lightest QUALITY scope he can find.

I think the optical and mechanical quality of the Leupy VX-II is a bit higher than that of the new Redfield scope.

Just my 2 cents.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 08:41
I'd be checking out the Vortex Viper 2-7 X 32 myself.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 08:46
you mean like this one??

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 09:20

I think the Kahles CL 2-7 and the Swaro AV 3-9 should also be thrown into the mix, while maybe a few ounces heavier, their optical quality is fantastic.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 09:53
The leupold vxll 2-7x32 only weighs 10 ounces with good eye relief and fov. and good optics, fully multicoated. It is rugged and reliable and shoots to the same poi. at all power settings all for $300. It is one of the best all around hunting scopes in my opinion.         
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 10:15
The Leupold 2-7x28 is a lighter than the 2-7x32 but the bigger Leupold is still very light and it is a much better scope to me. If light weight is more important than anything then the leupold 2-7x28 is the lightest of them all and it is a high quality scope. The 2-7 x32 only 1.5 ounces heavier and gives you much more eye relief and a scope that is better to look through. I have owned both and the 2-7x32 is the one I buy for a light weight great scope.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 10:43
I've always wondered why leupold chose 33mm as apposed to the 32mm that every one else uses?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
tpcollins View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 17:40
I'm wondering why weight would be the primary concern for a scope? If they're all within a reasonably close range, I would think optic quality and FoV would be of more importance. A firearm that weighs 8 pounds 6 ozs versus 8 pounds 8 ozs would be a bit tough for me to notice.
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 17:30
Leupold lists the weight of the  2-7x28 ultralight vx-ll at 8.2 ounces and I think that is the lightest 2-7 scope made. The vx-ll 2-7x33 is listed at 10.5 ounces and that is the 2nd lightest 2-7 scope made. I have found Leupold scopes actually weigh a little less than the catalog weight while Burris and Bushnell usually weigh more than catalog  weight. I like the vx-ll 2-7x33 better than the vx-ll 2-7x28 but the vx-ll 2-7x28 is a good reliable scope and the lightest by far. It is 4 to 6 ounces lighter than Burris and Bushnell 2-7 scopes when you actually put them on an accurate scale.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic